Providian Gold

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by nj_newbie, Jun 19, 2001.

1. nj_newbie

nj_newbie Well-Known Member

Hi,

Yesterday, in the mail, I received an invitation to apply for the Providian Gold card. It stated that I was guaranteed the card with a starting limit of $1000 and an increase in three months. The only thing I had to do was sign the form. I already have a classic card with them. Do you think I would really get the Gold card?

2. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Yep.

3. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

as long as your other card is in good standing, it's guaranteed. Take it.

Then when you get the card call retention and complain that you didn't know you wouldn't be able to do online access with it (right now you can only access 1 account at a time).

I was truly frustrated by this and I really was going to cancel the extra card. Instead, they refunded the annual fee for me and decreased my apr to 19.8. Later I got it to 16.9.
    Call only the retention number posted. The regular customer service line won't be able to do a thing to better your terms.

4. nj_newbie

nj_newbie Well-Known Member

Marie,

Thanks. I was hoping it was guaranteed. I will definitely contact them about it once I get it. Hopefully, within the next few weeks. I do like that I can access my other account online, so I know this will be somewhat of a pain that I cannot.