Providian good to me

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Dean, Jul 24, 2000.

1. Dean

Dean Guest

Hi: Ist..I got the providian classic visa with $500 credit line...I paid my balances on time. In a yr, without my request...my credit line was increased to $3,250 and they have issued me their Visa Gold. I heard lot of complaints about providian.....but fortunately...so far they are good to me.

2. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Providian has been good to a lot of people. My one beef with them is their high interest rate. It has been over 6 months since I used them and still no low rate offers.

Profit from the experience.

http://www.creditsense.com

3. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I concur. I have had a very positive experience with Providian. I have been with them for over 4 years. I can't remember what my starting limit was (approx. $500). It has since increased to over $6,000 & my interest rate is 16% (this includes cash advances). I can withdraw up to $500 per day for advances & it is only limited to my available credit (I never use this though). Customer service has been very cordial & helpful whenever I have called. They have also waived annual fees. I know some people have had problems, but I never have. Experiences with ANY company is only as good as their customer service representatives. I work for a major telecommunications company and believe me, there are many representatives who sincerely attempt to help customers everyday, but unfortunately you always have a few bad apples in the bunch. Providian has there negatives, but what large credit card company doesn't? Overall, I have been very satisfied. Good luck to everyone! :)

4. T

T Guest

Dean and Miles,Did Providian charge a fee for credit increase?

5. FISH

FISH Guest

I called them after they raised me to a gold card and raised the limit to 6000. They were
    "at first" well we don't usually do that. I asked to talk to a credit supervisor and he lowered my rate by 5.5 %. I have always had a good experience with them.

6. FISH

FISH Guest

Not too sure about the others, but some had a fee and others just showed up on my monthly statement, stating due to my good payment record they had raised my limit.

7. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Most increases were at no charge. They just apppeared on my bill with a message stating my limit was increased for "excellent account maintenance". A couple of the larger increases had a fee attached, but when I refused to pay for the increases & told them I would close my account, they completed manual adjustments. I would not recommend this step unless you are prepared to actually close your account. They may call your bluff. I also think waiving the annual fee, lowering the interest rate & large increases without a fee are based on your overall credit report (which most credit card companies monitor regularly). I was also upgraded to the gold card so this may also be a deciding factor. I know that my credit has improved tremendously & is almost perfect (alot of hard work!). Hope this helps. Good luck!

:)

8. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

Yes and no...
    They increase the credit limit at regular
    intervals (3 months) by several hundreds,
    free of charge.
    And they offered me a 1000 increase for
    a $99 fee, which i declined.
    If you have patience, you'll get there
    eventually, so i don't see why anybody
    would want to pay that fee...

9. Fred Sanfo

Fred Sanfo Guest

Is this the Aria card? Or does Providian have another card?

10. Dean

Dean Guest

Providian...owns Aria

11. Dean

Dean Guest

No charge if u decline the off

No charge if you decline their offer and take whatever they offer you automatically. I took only whatever they automatically inccreased. Recently, they want to offer me $1000 more with $49 fees, I declined the offer.

12. Stormie

Stormie Guest

RE: No charge if u decline the

My Son has had great experiance with Providian. He's had the account for over a year now with out any problems.He alsways pays more than the minimum, and always a few weeks before the due date. He started out with a credit line of $500 and is now well over $2,000 and has never been charged a fee for any increase. I think it's better not to give them any money for these fee's, you'll still end up getting the increases you deserve with out all the extra fees.

13. T

T Guest

RE: No charge if u decline the

From posts above ,Providian increases credit limit much fast some prime bank.I have Fleet card and you can require limit increase online.But it states very clear you can apply limit increase only every nine monthes.

14. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

I have a Providian Visa Classic...
    Aria is owned by Providian, but i don't
    know if the same rules apply