Providian Help

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Toothman, Apr 13, 2001.

1. Toothman

Toothman Well-Known Member

Hey Folks:

I just got my credit reports back after round one and half of one page of each report is devoted to Providian Bancorp. I remember having this card at one time, but not using it much if not at all. I am unsure if this was a secured card or not.

The reports all say the account opened on 1/96 and the date of last activity was 5/96. Apparently they have been tacking on fees forever and I have a $344 balance.

I wish I could get this removed or changed in status as it shows as a million days late.

Has anyone had any success at getting accounts such as this rehabbed? What should I do next?

2. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer Guest

Why would you want to rehab it? Providian isn't likely to give you a new card, so just get rid of the report. It's not that hard to do if you go at it right. You just have to leran how and anything can be removed from your files.

Bill Bauer
    http://creditwrench.hypermart.net/index.html

3. Toothman

Toothman Well-Known Member

I called Providian today to learn more about the account in question. They asked a lot of personal info that I didn't answer. I feel that validating this account to get it removed is a fools errand. They report every single month and it would just reappear.