Providian - Hmmmph!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by newstdt, Sep 25, 2001.

1. newstdt

newstdt Well-Known Member

Well, I got approved online on Sept 6th. Haven't heard anything so I call today and the customer service guy says that probably since they couldn't reach me by phone to verify my info they've denied me! He said I should be getting a letter soon.

How do you like that?

I told him, "so I wasted an inquiry for NOTHING!"

I'm so mad I could just spit!!

It doesn't feel good at ALL to be DENIED!! I don't like this, I feel so bummed. :(

And I missed all the fun with the Spam thread.

What's next....

2. Jeff

Jeff Guest

If you still want their card after being treated like that I would suggest you call back and explain that you were approved online and missed their call for verification. Offer to verify the information they want. You should probably do that from your home phone so that they can verify that as well.

I can't believe the CSR gave you that explanation and just let you go. Unbelievable. Good Luck :)

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Inquiries need out lawed

4. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

Another route would be to complain via planetfeedback.com. Providian seems to blow off any phone related issues on accounts these days-but a letter to the CEO gets their attention, and fast.

Try it-you have nothing to lose.

5. Jeff

Jeff Guest

I think that is a great suggestion.

6. newstdt

newstdt Well-Known Member

Went straight to PF and got a letter out this morning as soon as I woke up!! I was too chicken to call them back! Hee hee! ")

Thanks for listening to me whine everyone!! You guys are the best! I felt so bummed after I talked to that guy yesterday. I guess i felt cheated! Like they were laughing saying: "Let's tease her and tell her she got it, and then say, NOT!"

Again, THANKS!

7. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

That's one of the best point of this board. It's not just the info but the support that we give each other.

Best regards,
    Sam

8. Jeff

Jeff Guest

I would have felt the same way.

Hope all works out for you. :)