Providian Increase-gee, thanks

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by keltexx, Aug 7, 2001.

1. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

Not to be ungrateful but after 3 years of on time payments w/ providian, I finally received an unsolicited increase to the tune of........(drumroll, please):

$100.00

Lousy interest rates, lousy cl increases....This card is history when I am out of sub-primedom.

2. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Thats what they gave me too....100.00 . Less than a 3% increase for three years of no lates.

Shawn

3. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

I suggest both of you state your case via Planet Feedback. Additionally, fax a hard copy of your letter to the corporate offices. I think that you will receive a response. It worked for me and I've had the card less than a year. I got my APR reduced from 23.99% to 16.9%.

Give it a shot.

Manny

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Yes, please use PlanetFeedback..I bet you get more!!! Tell them specifically how much you think is a fair increase!

5. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I will do so; however, I have tried calling them every 3 months for a year and have gotten nothing from "retention."

I do have faith in Planetfeedback, however, so we'll see how this goes.

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

i hate providian. I got tired of begging those losers for increases. I cut up both my cards in May and I am so damn happy.

7. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

I have 2 Providian cards. A gold VISA issued Sept. 2000 and a Master Card issued March 2001.

The VISA originally had a $1k credit limit, $69 annual fee and 24% APR. As of today my credit limit is $3k, the annual fee was waived and my APR is 16.9%. The MC originally had a $1k credit limit, $69 annual fee and 24% APR. My credit limit is now $2200. I got a $200 line increase after 4 months and purchased a $1k increase 2 weeks ago via a special offer in the mail. Give me a few more months and I'll work on the fee and APR.

Go for it guys and good luck!!!

Manny

8. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Planet Feedback is what got me the 100.00!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Shawn

9. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Well, keep us posted..and very best of luck!