Providian Increase question?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by direct, Jul 14, 2001.

1. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

AT&T Wireless?

Hey, Sam...talk to me about At&T wireless. Was it a hard inquiry? With which CRA? Hard to get? Thanks

2. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Re: AT&T Wireless?

NanaC- where I live we have six different cellular phone companies battling for business.

When I applied for my (at a local AT&T) phone an inquiry was done. Not sure what or if it was hard/soft inquiry. I had this account since 1998. I do know that AT&T reports to the CRAs. My guess a hard inquiry was done.

I do know that Nextel wanted a $500.00 deposit for each line back in 1999 when I applied.

The only guidline I can give you is that when I went with a friend to get his phone the AT&T rep. told him that there is no way he was NOT going to leave the store without a phone. My buddy does not have a bk but lates and high balances. Hell they even billed his account for the phone.

So in my mind I find AT&T very aggressive but it may mean only in markets where they are forced to really compete.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Sam

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Re: AT&T Wireless?

When we were in CO, hubby got offers for At&T wireless service almost daily. We had Qwest and had them for years. (started when they were USWest). I was tempted to call and tell them (AT&T) that we had numerous offers in CO and what could they offer us here. The last rep (when I considered AT&T for my regular phone service with the move) told me he would only pull a soft inquiry. Now that wasn't for wireless but I'm wondering. I wish we could have brought Qwest with us..we had no problems with them whatsoever and no inquiries as we had our regular service with them.

We need a phone..and I have no idea which way to turn on this..but don't want a wasted inquiry nor a large deposit.