Providian Increases

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PSUgirl, Apr 18, 2001.

1. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

I have had my providian (classic Visa) account for a couple of months now. The retention department told me that my account would not be review for an increase until June.

Is there anyway that I can possibly get them to increase my limit before june, like...now!

If there is, i would greatly appreciate you sharing with me!

happy day
    PSUgirl

2. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Call retention. I don't know the #, but do a search. They have magic powers or something that the regular CS reps don't have. Let them know that your limit is too low compared to your other cards...

Dustin

3. Kathy

Kathy Guest

1-800-215-7318

4. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

I'll bet my first born child you won't get it... only because it seems to be a hard rule that you must go through the first review period before they do anything...

Let us know.

5. T. Burdine

T. Burdine Guest

Providian gives terrifc increases . They do seem to make you wait until you've had the card 4-6 months before they are willing to work with you. But it never hurts to try before then. I started recieving regular increases after the six month period, also recieved APR reductions and annual fee waivers. Give it a shot. Good luck.

6. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

I received my first increase 4 months after opening the account. The first increase was for $200

Best regards,
    Sam