providian INSTANT rejection - why?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DanS, Sep 27, 2003.

1. DanS

DanS Well-Known Member

I tried applying for a Providian card about two weeks ago and got an instant rejection. Have not gotten the reason in the mail yet, but what's odd is there is no inquriy on all three reports.

I had an account w/Providian, zero balance, and they closed it when I did a Ch7 BK over two years ago. I did not owe them anything but they chose to close the account. Now this weird rejection w/no credit check, as if their own records were enough.

Anyone got ideas here? I don't really want to pursue this with them, but I never was late or owed them anything.

2. rubyjean

rubyjean Well-Known Member

Your answer is in the second paragraph, second line... No need to pull an inquiry... Decline reason was BKO..

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Try being me...I APPLIED WITH THEM WITH 739 AND WAS DENIED!!! NO BADDIES EVER...
    I think they were the one that gave me a DENIAL OF "EXCESSIVE INCOME"

4. DanS

DanS Well-Known Member

Re: Re: providian INSTANT rejection - why?

I'm surprised, not about the BK, but I didn't owe them any money. Looks like I kept - or tried to keep - the wrong cards and gave up other cards I'll never get again - Citi and Chase. Perfect!

Well, the "good news" is it didn't generate an inquiry for the rejection.

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

They checked their internal record to denied and no need to pull credit report. Most bank does that like Household Bank.

Ron.

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

They checked their internal record to denied and no need to pull credit report. Most bank does that like Household Bank.

Ron.