Providian is good ..

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by newcomer2, Nov 10, 2000.

1. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

Today I got an offer from Providian that will upgrade my classic to Gold and I will not lose the 19.8 APR plus for 99 I get a 1000 line increase. I took it Just Because they're gonna upgrade the card . Also this month they raised my limit by 200 ! . So I'm Happy will them . For everyone who's wondering if they upgrade u to a gold you still keep your orginal APR my case was 19.8,, I remember reading that you couldn;t I guess that was untrue ..
    Good luck everyone

2. Saar

Saar Banned

No need to pay the $99 increase fee. If you spoke to a supervisor after receiving their offer, you'd get it for free.

Saar

3. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

The supervisor said I had to pay it and I had the offer in my hand. I'll call them agian later to see if they can waive it .
    Is that what you did ?

4. Saar

Saar Banned

What did you expect? You weren't supposed to tell them you have the offer...

The offer shows they are willing to grant an increase, but would rather make some profit if possible.

You have to sound like an angry customer who wants an increase right now. The computer records will show them you're eligible for a $1,000 increase. If a superisor won't do it, Retention will.

Saar

5. Gloria

Gloria Guest

Saar: Very hot tip

I wish I'd known this info about 10 increases ago I paid every fee increase. Do you wait until you have their increase offer in hand or do you call them up randomly and ask for an increase and if so how often. I am now feeling a little ill thinking how much they've drained me to increase my limits! Does you're technique always work?
    Thanks Gloria

Saar wrote:
    -------------------------------
    What did you expect? You weren't supposed to tell them you have the offer...

The offer shows they are willing to grant an increase, but would rather make some profit if possible.

You have to sound like an angry customer who wants an increase right now. The computer records will show them you're eligible for a $1,000 increase. If a superisor won't do it, Retention will.

Saar

6. Carrot

Carrot Guest

Gloria...

Saars's technique always works if your account is in good standing.

Providian automatically reviews your account every three or four months for an increase. If you haven't had an increase in a while, call them and ask why. You don't need an offer in hand to request an upgrade--I've randomly called and gotten an increase at least three times. I act irate and complain until I wear down the CSR and then ask to speak to a supervisor. After you badger them for a minute or two, they'll go check your account history. If you've paid on time and stayed within your limit, they will usually lower your APR, give you an increase, or waive your annual fee to appease you. My advice: don't get off of the phone until they give in. Act irate (but not nasty) and be firm--ask to speak to the supervisor's supervisor if you have to, although you won't have to take things that far.

7. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

ah Good Tactic ..
    Wish I would have known that earlier . !! I'll keep that In mind If i get anther offer the only reason I took it was for the Gold card Upgrade. Since later on I would get the platium right away. I had called about the upgrade before I got the offer. But was told that IT;s by invitation only . Well I guess You like and learn . Thankx for the valuble info on this board . Thankx saar .