providian name change

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by marsha, Mar 23, 2001.

1. marsha

marsha Guest

I would like some advice. I recently got married thus my last name changed. I called up all my credit cards and requested a name change with no problem, except providian. Providan wants me to send them a COPY of my social secutiy card with my new name on it and a COPY of my marriage license. Is it just me being paranoid, or is this too much personal information to send copies of to a credit company. By the way I do have other credit cards (providian with the worst terms), and I have had it for about 10 months now and have never been late. Has any one else experienced this? I asked for a copy of "their policy on this" and was told by customer service they didn't have a copy of this to supply to me, but to contact their correspondence department by fax or mail. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.
    Thanks
    Marsha

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

IF YOU WANT THE CARD...send them what they want, if you don't NEED the card, just close it.

BUT, IF EVERYBODY ELSE DIDN'T NEED IT...THEN THEY ARE BEING UNREASONABLE...

You could also DO NOTHING...the account will be on your credit report (if it is reported), because your ss# didn't change, just your last name.

3. Michael

Michael Guest

You could also just add yourself as a Auth. User to the account!

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

It's fraud prevention. Be grateful. :)