Providian online fee

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mirage, Oct 8, 2001.

1. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Spoke with Providian's Exec. office.

The $9.95 fee for online payment is here to stay.

Best regards,
    Mirage

2. Saar

Saar Banned

So are the suckers who agree to pay it.

Saar

3. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

You should clarify that post...there is NO fee for a standard online payment. The fee is associated with the paysmart process.

I have made two payments to two providian cards (thats four payments) since this 'fee' has been in place and there has been no 9.95 fee. I think this has been covered several times here.

Shawn

4. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

and the difference???

I'm a bit confused. I use the normal pay your bill deal and have yet to be charged...

5. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

I have been charged when paying via paysmart on the phone but never when paying online at their website.

6. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Shawn: this is where I am confused. I know a phone payment is handle by a "Paysmart" as there was always a 4.95 fee

I just logged onto my Providian account and select the Bill Payment Option.

I am given three options-

1. Payment Scheduling
    2. Providian Quick Pay
    3. Payment Acounts

Now is this the standard payment menu or Paysmart? Am I missing something?

If memory serves me right the online fee starts in Nov/2001.

Best regards,
    Mirage

7. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

I was told that the way I pay, via online by clicking 'pay my bill', will be free. I hope that is the case.

I am not sure what the 'paysmart' feature is, but it seemed to be a whole different subscription based service. Like an automatic payment.

If not, don't fret too much. Just sign up for FREE yahoo bill pay, you can pay ANY MC/V for FREE...as many times as you want a month. You can also link a lot of other accounts, including checking savings. It's really neat.

NOTE: I can pay almost ALL my bills this way using the FREE service, I haven't upgraded to the pay service.

Hope this helps!

Shawn

8. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Shawn- thanks for the info. Will look into.

Best regards,
    Mirage