Providian or Fedelity Fed bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Michele, Mar 29, 2000.

1. Michele

Michele Guest

I have had a credit card with Fidelity Federal or a Providian Credit Card for over 2 year. ALWAYS on time ALWAYS pay more then Minimum NEVER over the limit.

They will not approve an increase? "we are not giving increases at this time" Has anyone else had a problem with them?

Now there customer service doesn't even have an 800 number, I have to call long distance.
    Does anyone have any information on Fidelity Federal or Providian?? Are they going out of buisness??

HELP!!

Thanks, Michele

2. BOB

BOB Guest

RE: Providian or Fedelity Fed

Michele, I have a Providian card and as far
    as I know they are not going out of business.
    I do know that Providian is backing a Visa
    card called Aria. You might get some answers
    at Providian.com. Providian is good about
    increases up to a certain limit. There could
    be alot of reasons why they won't give you
    an increase. If nothing else write them and
    ask for a specific reason why they declined
    your request for an increase. GOOD LUCK!

3. rick

rick Well-Known Member

Providians Number is 1-800-356-0011. They seem to be an alright company to me. I hope that works for you.

4. Levern101

Levern101 Guest

I just closed my account with Providian after having had the card for 2 1/2 years for that very reason. My credit is soooo much better than what it was when I first got the card and yet they refused to give me an increase. So I dropped them and their puny limit. I'm going to my credit union!!!!!:)

5. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

I've had my card for about a year and a half. I've had 3 increase in this time. See if you can speak with a supervisor about this issue

6. Levern101

Levern101 Guest

Too late. It's already closed. I was tired of banging my head against the wall, and I always got the most ignorant people when I called customer service.