Providian payments

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by S.D., Jan 15, 2001.

1. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Has anyone had any problems lately with Providian receiving payments? I mailed in a Money order for $250 I believe on the 30th of Dec (I hadn't received my checks yet). I called them on the 10th of January and the rep said that payments have been coming in late because of the Xmas/New Year deal. Anyway, she said give it a few days. Nothing yet. I'm worried b/c it's a money order and I'm pretty close to my limit. How do I track the money order? What do you guys suggest? I can wait a few more days b/c of the holiday today, but I'm really starting to get worried. I don't have $250 just to throw around!

2. credit sma

credit sma Guest

Providian is giving you a line of @!#$.It takes no more to 7 days max for payment to arrive.They should of gotten it last tuesday. 01/09/01.Are they up to their dirty tricks again?I hope not.Do they have a online payment system where you can pay your bill on the internet?The only way i think that you can track the MO is to go back to the place where you got the MO from,and ask for information on how find out if the MO been cashed.They may have to call their 800 number to the place that issues the MO.Just be sure to the the number that is printed on your MO for them to assist you.

3. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Thanks... I got the MO frm the Post Office, so hopefully it won't be too much of a hassle to track. I'm thinking maybe it got lost somewhere? I have made an online payment about a week ago and that went thru, no prob. But I haven't had a problem w/ this b4 so I'm wondering if they even received it? I'll call them again later on today. Thanks again.

4. kyla

kyla Active Member

Yes, I believe Providian is starting to go back to their old tricks. I had this same problem with them over the holidays. My due date was 12/16. I sent out three payments to them one starting on 12/9 and the other two were three days behind that one. Providian claims they didn't receive it until 12/22. I did this on my Wash. Mut. online banking. I raised a lot of @#$% and they agreed to reverse a late charge that they had imposed on me. I can't wait until July comes, I will have had this account for 2 years and I'm praying that I'll get a prime by then so that I can axe their @$$.

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Always use online payments! They are posted promptly. I remember when i had them, they were VERY quick. Saves a ton of problems.

Anyone can get a checking acct at netbank or others.

They even email you confirmation if i remember, as soon as you input the payment, so they can't lie to you etc...

Cap 1 offers next-day payment posting.

citibank is really slow on their payments. like 3-4 days :(

Of course all of this is at no fee to you. If you don't have a checking account, get one. If you do, why aren't you using this feature? Its free. saves interest by posting earlier, saves sanity by not having to worry about when a payment posts etc..

6. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Sam, I just opened an acct w/ Netbank. I was waiting for my checks to come because I wasn't really sure about this online payment thing. Now that I know, I have used it and it is very easy.But now my problem is finding out what happened to my money order.

7. sam

sam Well-Known Member

I wish i could help but if you did not select delivery confirmation or insurance, you're not going to have much luck with the usps, they are slow, i mean SLOW to track a mo. Like months. I tried it years ago, and it was like 90 days before they told me it was lost, and sorry, (they said use delivery confirmation or insure the MO or use express service in the future).

Usps is cheap, and for a reason. They do lose, and misplace many items. I've had packages go clear across to nevada and sit for a couple of weeks, (delivery confirmation $.35), and then make their way to florida. :) Im in georgia.

sorry to hear your troubles, and im sorry to tell you that usps sucks for tracking/delivering reliably. They've gotten better recently. You might want to make an ACH payment real quick to cover your a$$.

8. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Luckily, I made an ACH payment (my first online payment experience )and it posted the very next day. I was thrilled. But I'm so mad!! i hope that Providian received the payment and they're just holding it for whatever reason. AT this point I'd rather be screwed by them and have them post it late than to have it lost by the USPS...