Providian & Planet Feedbac

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Donna, Apr 25, 2001.

1. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

I believe a few of you here have gone through Planet Feedback to reach Providian. Would you mind telling me if you got a response and, if so, how long did it take? Also, what was the form - Phone, letter or Email?

Last Monday, I posted to Providian via Planet Feedback and, as of yet, I've heard nothing. Even if I don't get what I want, I'd at least like to hear something.

Does Providian have a consumer advocate? If so, anyone have an address or phone number?

Thanks. I'll appreciate any help.

Donna

2. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Re: Providian & Planet Fee

Donna,

Providian has always taken at least 2 to 3 weeks to respond to me via a letter to my home address. The person signing off on the letter is a woman and she evidently keeps track of my letters to PFB because she mentioned that I had written before.

The only contact information on the letter is the PO Box address to her office - I assume the corporate offices - and she did not list a phone number.

She always states that the CEO Shaleish Mehta asked her to review my request (which I don't believe) and she always cc's Mr. Mehta on the letter. I seriously doubt he ever sees these letters.

Anyway, I'm mad at Providian right now over the grace period, even though last night they dropped me from 19.8% APR to 16.9% APR and credited my annual fee for 2001. I had a choice between the APR reduction and a credit line increase of $1000.

Marci

3. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

To Marci

Thanks much for the info. I'll just keep waiting, then, until I hear something.

In the past, I've written to Providian and never received a response. They certainly don't seem to have the same customer-friendly attitude that CapOne has.

Donna

4. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

My Experiance

I posted feed back on planetfeedback.com for my providian account. I have a visa unsecured with a credit line of 100.00. I posted feed back about:
    1. annual fee
    2. credit line
    3. customer service
    ...basically my overall experience with them.

my account has been open since january 2001.

I didnt recieve any email back from them so i called. I was transfered to someone in the executive offices that was already dealing with my file from a complaint that i filed with the BBB (regarding mutiple inquires on my file)

Results: Got my credit limit increased 100.00 (now 200.00)~ stated that could only increase 100.00 because in 30 days i will start getting automatic credit limit increases.

I also got my annual fee refunded.

I was satisfied because i got an increase and my annual fee refunded without waiting and paying.

PSUGirl

5. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Re: To Sugirl

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm glad the end result was positive.

Donna

6. greg

greg Guest

Re: To Sugirl

I also used Plantfeedback.com they dropped my apr from 16.9% to 14.9% fixed and raised my credit from $ 5400 to $ 8400 not bad for just writing a Email

7. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Hi Donna

I got the $3K gold card in January 2001. All the terms were good except the 23.99% apr. In march, I wrote to Providian via Planet Feedback. They responded 8 days later by sending a letter with a reduction in apr. to 19.8% effective 1 or 2 billing periods later. This means the reduction has probably now taken place but I haven't seen it on a bill yet. The letter was signed by the woman Marci described.

End of story.

8. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Re: To Jim and Greg

Jim and Greg,

Thanks for responding to my question and sharing your experience with Planetfeedback and Providian. I'm getting anxious. Positive or negative, I wish they would respond soon. If they won't rehab my account, maybe I'll try to make some headway on getting rid of the two late pays. If I can get a listening ear, I'm going to take advantage of it.

Donna