Providian Planetfeedback results

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveLV, Jun 28, 2001.

1. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I spoke to Manya at the Providian executive offices today. She overrode the 120 day thing and gave me a $1,000 increase on my visa gold. I also got a $100 increase today out of the blue when I checked their website.

She was really nice (but not very talkative) and told me I could call her back if I had any other issues with my account.

My new limit is $8,949.

2. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

Congrats, Dave.
    One ever so small detail.Personally, I would call and have the credit limit reduced to $8900.The $8949 limit could make it look like you've bought at least one $1000 increase for $49, if not more.The logic goes good credit risks do not pay money for line increases and a $49 decrease to it would be a non-event.

Nicely done Dave.
    And Planetfeedback comes through again...

VJ

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Congrats! Providian seems to be improving their customer service.

I got my gold card in January. I liked the terms except the 23.99% apr. I complained in March via Planet Feedback and got a letter response reducing my apr. to $19.8%.

I would have much preferred to get a telephone call back - and negotiate.

Best wishes - Jim

4. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Truth is that I have paid that fee in the past. I don't know that anyone reading my report would put that much thought into how the limit ended up with the $49 at the end though, although your point is well taken.

5. Rob

Rob Active Member

Dave,

how long did it take you to get to the $8900 credit limit?

I Started with a $500.00 gold card I am now up to $3350 after 12 months, any suggestions?

* Rob *

6. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Just keep calling them and asking for improved terms. I've had the account for three years, but I never knew you could call them and get fee refunds, credit line increases and interest rate reductions until I found this board in March.

This March I was at 24.9% interest and a $5849 limit. I've had pretty good success with the retention department. Just keep calling them. If I had known this two years ago I'm sure my limit would be much higher now.

7. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

The retention department now says they can't process line increases. They have to send requests to the credit department for manual reviews. I was told that yesterday.

8. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

They say different things to different people. It's interesting to see all of the different reports back on this board about the inconsistent things they've said.

If they really told you that I'd try calling again in a few weeks to see what the answer is.

9. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

DaveLV - I hope you are right. But I did call a few weeks ago and they said the same thing. I call all the time (either customer service or retention) and I don't alway give my account number. I ask if I may ask them a "general information" question to keep myself anonymous. It could be that credit is tightening, or Providian is catching on to those of us who have learned their game.