Providian Platinum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Creditman, Feb 10, 2001.

1. Creditman

Creditman Guest

I called Providian earlier today and I had my card upgraded from a Gold to a Platinum. I have been with Providian for 3 years and I thought it was time for me to have the best they have to offer. My APR is 9.9% and I also have a grace period and no annual fee. My relationship with Providian started with a Classic card with 500. I have come a long way. I recommend Providian for anyone trying to establish/ re-establish credit. I did have to pay some fees at the beginning of this "relationship", but it was well worth it!

2. On the  go

On the go Guest

how did you do this I was told the Platinum was by invite only. They could not upgrade you. I get such run around by these people and I even call oh so humble and get no where. ugh!!!!!! good job.

3. Creditman

Creditman Guest

My balance was zero. I called and told them I wanted to cancel the card because I was getting offers from other prime companies. It worked!

4. On the  go

On the go Guest

I just recently did that I had just paid my card off to 0.its a 4000. limit and have had it for 2yrs. my apr. is 19% I just wanted to lower it I went staight by customer reps. and asked for retention, I was told thats the best they could do for me. Thats when I inquired about the platinum and they said it was by invite only she was not able to upgrade me. I have had no luck with phone conversations with them at all. I always seem to get rude people.

5. somebody

somebody Guest

what a crock, and how much did providian pay you for this b/s,,,

6. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

Me too. I always get NO on the phone from the rudest people.

7. Creditman

Creditman Guest

This is not a crock! We are supposed to be exchanging valid information here with each other. I thought this would help you negotiate with Providian SOMEBODY!!!!

8. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

You know what? I am sick and tired of idiots coming on here and acting like jerks. If you something to be fact, then state it. If you don't, then don't say anything. Your smart ass remarks are completely unnecessary and unwanted.

9. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Somebody - knock off the rude

I thought maybe you were just having a bad day when you defended Orchard Bank and told me that I didn't know anything about orchard on another thread.

Now it is very obvious that you are not here to learn anything. Be constructive or keep your comments to yourself.

10. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

I, too, have had a good relationship with Providian...I have had a VISA with them for 10 months, and it is platinum color, has premier benefits, but as I started out with $500 pre-approved, 23.99 APR, I doubt it is a "Platinum" card.

I called the retention no. I found on this board, 800-215-7318 and was treated very courteously...I have a MC with them too, that is only 3 months old, and the rep reduced my rate on both cards to 19.8, and gave me another $1000 on my VISA credit line.

I now have a total of $2800 on my VISA and $1000 on my MC, and have only been with Providian 10 months, but have been paying more than the minimum, and ahead of time.

I plan to call again in a couple of months and ask for a further rate reduction and credit line increase on my MC

I have a Direct Merchants MC that I cannot get ANY increase on and have had it for more than a year...they are not the least bit interested in working with their sub-prime customers. BUT, this card enabled me to establish a presence with the CRAs so that I could get the Providian offers. So I am grateful for that much.

11. somebody

somebody Guest

RE: Somebody - knock off the r

Jim,
    The "somebody" that responded to this message is not the same "somebody" that resonded to your previous posts. I don't stoop to lame little remarks like the ones here.

Jim wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I thought maybe you were just having a bad day when you defended Orchard Bank and told me that I didn't know anything about orchard on another thread.

Now it is very obvious that you are not here to learn anything. Be constructive or keep your comments to yourself.