providian pre- approved visa

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DP, Mar 15, 2000.

1. DP

DP Guest

I have recently recieved a number of offers from this company. I have noticed several warnings that I am unable to access..any info would be appreciated. Particularly the warning to "beware providian pre-approved offers" Thanks DP

2. becc

becc Guest

RE: providian pre- approved vi

I am trying to rebuild my credit, so I took Providian up on their offer, $29 "processing fee" and $49 annual fee, no grace period, 24.9% APR, but I have to start somewhere, I suppose. I am still in the honeymoon period, I've only had the card 3 months, but so far so good. Before I got the card, I called and the CSR was able to answer every question I had, I've made payments over the phone with no problem, haven't tried mailing payments in, I've heard others on the board say that mailed payments are posted very slowly.

3. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

I have had problems with this credit card company. I have to pay to make a payment over the phone or the on-line service. I am sure it is a good way to start to build up your credit .... but at the first shot, pay them off and cut em'.

tsunami