Providian question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Suzanne, Feb 12, 2001.

1. Suzanne

Suzanne Guest

Hi I just called providian with a question and while I was talking with her she said she wanted to verify annual income with me now. Has anyone had this happen to them before. I've had this account for 1 1/2 yrs and have never had late pay or overlimit,and have called in many times, in fact 2 days ago and got the interest rate reduced,and have never been asked this question. Anyone know why they did now and has this happened to anyone else. As usual thank you for any info you all can give me. suzanne

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

What did you call about, credit increase or balances transfers by any chance?? I was asked this one by Citibank when I called asking about their balance transfer offers.

3. Suzanne

Suzanne Guest

No I have made the calls for credit increased before and never been asked that. I was making a phone payment when I called because I waited too long to do an online payment this time. Thought it was strange

4. Suzanne

Suzanne Guest

My last increase was in Oct. for 1000. Maybe this is because it has been 4 months and they are reviewing the account for the usual increase. I have 2 accounts with them and got an increase on the other one a couple weeks ago just calling in and asking. I'm not doing that now because now I have citibank and they gave me 2 5,500. accounts.

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

It very well may be for that reason, I really wouldn't worry about too much. But like I would be curious as to why they asked, but I am sure it's no big deal.

Mom

6. Jane

Jane Guest

Yes, I have had this happen to me. I have had a perfect credit rating with my Providian account, in fact all of my accounts. They called me up and said they are updating their files and asked my income and to verify the phone numbers I had given them. I asked them about this saying I had never received a call from a credit card company before and they said it did not mean anything, they were just updating their files. I thought it was weird and it made me uncomfortable. They did not ask me my Soc. Sec. number or address or credit card number. Just income and verifying the phone numbers which they read off to me.

7. Anon

Anon Guest

I would not have provided any info unless I initiated the call. I would have asked for the person's name and called back their customer service department at the phone number listed on my statement.