Providian response

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Oct 31, 2000.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

As you know i disputed several inquiries on my report from Prov, Citibank and First USA. Well so far Providian has responded stating that since I didn't send copy of report, I know duh, that they can't comment on the inquiries, BUT according to their systems they have never requested my file from any agency. Of course they try to tell me about PR/AR inquiries, like I don't know them, no these are hard. Now of course I am going to send a copy of report to them, but since I have their letter with their letterhead stating they never requested my reports from any agency, could I possibly copy this letter and send it to the agencies asking to remove?? I know some may thinks this is petty, but if I can remove some I would be in better shape with number of inquiries.

Mom

2. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

That sounds like as positive a proof as you'll ever find. Instead of dealing any more with Providian on this issue, you'd probably do better by disputing it with the CRAs with that letter as your proof.

Providian has NO business asking you to send them copies of your credit reports! If they really want to see what's on the damned things, they have easier access to them than you do! You should have asked them if they require those who apply for their credit cards to send in copies of their credit reports. :)

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Doris, I will copy their admission and send those all for all my reports:) Thanks for responding:)

Mom