Providian response

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by miles, May 22, 2001.

1. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I received a letter from the Providian executive office today. They were responding to the letter I sent them. They state they want to make sure all of my concerns are addressed and they will be contacting me soon. Well, at least they responded. I was really ticked off that they didn't even acknowledge the receipt of my 3 letters!!
    We'll see what they have to offer IF they contact me. I really do like many things about Providian, but like marci and others, I am at wits end. I refuse to stay with a company for a decade just to receive a platinum card!!

2. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Way to go miles

Stay firm and strong. If you've been good to them, I'm sure they'll be good to you. ;o)

3. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Hi MILES :)

There is a bit of difference between card companies - have you noticed ???

Hope you ve been doing great!

c ya dogman

4. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Re: Hi MILES :)

Thanks mother2. I appreciate the support. I really have been a good customer. I used the account a lot and paid on time. I am making a statement for not only myself, but for all Providian subprime customers. We need something to look forward to. Don't we?? They really need to make some changes. :)

dogman- I'm doing great. I hope you are too!!
    And yes, I definitely notice the difference between card companies. It's amazing. I've been with Providian for 5 years. Not only do I not have a platinum card (not whining, just think I deserve it), but I can't even get a GRACE PERIOD!! That's nonsense. I don't have this problem with Amex. LOL
    ;-D

5. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Miles,

I hear you. I may bite the bullet and apply for that Getsmart card. I'd love a smartchip card - and this one comes with a grace period, too.

Marci

6. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

At least you have an AMEX. I can't get that....I don't know it for sure because I haven't applied for one recently. But I figure why waste the inquiry.

7. miles

miles Well-Known Member

marci- the getsmart card has much better terms than both of us have currently on our Providian accounts. I say go for it. The card looks much better and you're right, at least it has a grace period. There is also no annual fee or minimum finance charges on the gold or the platinum. Good luck!! I'll keep you informed about my current Providian saga. ;-D

mother2- You WILL have Amex sometime soon if you really want it. You are doing great!! You're on the right track and your credit is improving. It is a slow and often frustrating process, but be patient, it DOES pay off. Please BELIEVE me when I say, if I can get one, everyone who is taking credit seriously will get one eventually. My credit was horrible at one time. I have paid my debts, but I was young, careless and above all uneducated about credit. Like you and many others, I have come a long way. I am proud of myself and thank this board and all of those who have contributed valuable information for helping to educate me about credit.

I have kept my old credit reports and look at them on occasion. It reminds me of how far I have come and that I NEVER want to visit subprimeland again!! When I look at those reports, I just shake my head and can't believe how irresponsible I was. This has been a lesson WELL LEARNED!! :-D