Providian Secured Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by BostonJeff, Apr 5, 2001.

1. BostonJeff

BostonJeff Well-Known Member

Hey Folks,

Iâ??m writing to find out if anyone has had experience with the Providian 100% secured card. I canâ??t seem to get approved for the unsecured card. Does anyone know how long it takes for the card to be reviewed for an unsecured status? Any feedback would be great.

Also my Fico score is 607, where do I stand?

Thanks

BostonJeff

2. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure that FICO score is the best indication of when Providian will give you an unsecured card. I got mine about three years ago when I know my credit wasn't so good. I started getting subprime preapproval letters about the same time the statute of limitations ran out on two major charge-offs that were on my report. They are still on the report, but I guess some of the banks figured I was safe again because I couldn't be sued.

I haven't been able to pull my FICO from Equifax yet though because my credit file is mixed up with another family member's. Funny that the website caught that and won't give me my score, but some system they have there allowed the files to be merged in the first place. When I called Equifax to see about getting my score they asked me if I had another "identity" and started asking me questions about all of the items on my report. At that point, I didn't want to discuss any of the things on my report directly with them because I had already hired Lexington to dispute things and I didn't want to give any information that might conflict with something Lexington was going to say. I'll wait to see my score until they've had time to do their work.