Providian shows secured on rep

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by kenny, Mar 29, 2001.

1. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

On my equifax credit reports my providian gold card shows secured. No of my other reports shows this. Did this happen to anyone else?

2. mimi

mimi Guest

Re: Providian shows secured on

Yes. On my equifax it shows secured. None of my other reports show this. I wonder if I can call Providian and have it changed somehow. If I'm not mistaken, they are not suppose to show if it's secured or not. I thought that was the whole deal about rebuilding credit....obtaining credit cards which will not show if it's secured or not.

3. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Call Them BUT...

it does not really matter what the WORD says.
    the secured builds necessary credit via good payment history - whether it is noted or not.

cya dog

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

SECURED...

If you have five VISA/MC accounts on you credit report, and they are ALL reported as secured, you may have a harder time getting an unsecured VISA/MC card...

If you have a perfect payment history it will help to get an unsecured, but it is not GUARANTEED.

5. Michael

Michael Guest

Re: SECURED...

George where the Hell did you get this Info from??
    Come on do you know this from comparing credit reports???
    I specialize in getting new immigrants started with credit.

Look don't spread rumours!
    The word "Secured" makes no difference at all!
    Fico scores the same.

Look if you don't know what your talking about please don't post mis-information!

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WHATEVER..................

YOUR THE EXPERT...

7. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Consider that a car loan is technically secured and so is a mortgage, i highly doubt the computers are going to penalize you for being secured.

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Kenny,
    I had Providian secured account about 7 yrs ago and it is closed becxause they forced me.I had too many charge-off accounts. By the way, Providian reported my closed accounts as secured accounts to all 3 CRAs.