Providian Supervisors Not Last

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by David, May 31, 2000.

1. David

David Well-Known Member

If you thought that a caring, responsible supervisor would review your account and make a favorable decision for you - forget it. Ms. Kathleen Bridges told me today that she would be fired if she lowered my apr to 16.9 as other Classic accounts have been accomodated, even though she admitted my account was one of the few "super accounts" that reflect large, ontime payments. I was told to keep my account in good standing for another year and try again.

A decision has been made and enacted in the form of a new policy at Providian. I don't know what it is exactly but rhetorical fairness is put forth in the form of courtesy but it is empty of any real meaning.

David

2. Eric

Eric Guest

RE: Providian Supervisors Not

Interesting. I called just today and told the supervisor that if they didn't lower my rate, I was going to pay the $2500 balance like I did the previous month.

Same situation...perfect customer for almost 2 years, gold card, etc, etc.

They did it.

I had to fight them down to 19.8 a few months ago, too.

You COULD try threatening to close it. You'll have much better luck if you've paid it in full for a couple cycles though.

3. Janice Jop

Janice Jop Guest

Providian Shareholders Need To

I think that Providian is the Hyundai of the lending industry. Like Hyundai, they keep trying to reinvent themselves and fail miserbly in the attempt, and revert to type. I just don't understand why the shareholders haven't gotten rid of the executives at the top of the company. Profit is short term, reputation is long term and reputation is what makes future profits. As a very wealthy man (owns a multi-million dollar chain of restaurants) in my home town fancies saying to his employees "the customer is always right, our reputation is not worth the price of an order." Apparently Providian believes their reputation is worth applying double standards to their victims (oh, excuse me, i mean 'customers'). Imagine what will happen when all these ex-Providian employees leave the company â?? and they start to talk. You guys who have Providian cards, get rid of them, don't contribute to this company's wealth. Don't believe the hype! "rebuilding your credit" is the best marketing phrase for since "rinse, wash, REPEAT" which literally doubled the amount of shampoo consumed and thus the profits of the corporation - all on a single word 'repeat' which like lambs to the slaughter you obey. WAKE UP PEOPLE AND GET SMART. HARD WORK IS CREDIT. SAVING MONEY IS CREDIT. WAITING FOR THOSE THINGS YOU DESIRE MOST IN LIFE IS CREDIT. CREDIT IS NOT ON PAPER. IT IS IN YOUR HEART.

4. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

RE: Providian Shareholders Nee

I became a Providian shareholder recently, and while I'm keeping my eye on them, the returns have been quite nice. I bought in at just under $30 per share. Lately, it's been hinging just below 90. When it reaches 90, I'm selling out, and old Doris is gonna get a shiney new car!

5. David

David Well-Known Member

God bless ya, Granny. I hope it's the best car you ever got!

Doris K. wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I became a Providian shareholder recently, and while I'm keeping my eye on them, the returns have been quite nice. I bought in at just under $30 per share. Lately, it's been hinging just below 90. When it reaches 90, I'm selling out, and old Doris is gonna get a shiney new car!

6. Rich Guy

Rich Guy Guest

Of course credit is in your heart, because credit's just another word for nothing left to lose. Incidentally, the real Janis Joplin spelled her name with an "s", not a "c".

7. Janice Jop

Janice Jop Guest

Actually your historically incorrect. Janis was know to spell it with a 'C' when under the influence of mescalin or coke.