Providian/Trans Union HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MikeG, Apr 16, 2001.

1. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

So I just received my updated Trans Union Report. They are now reporting my Providian account as Payment after Charge Off. This is the first time I have ever seen or heard of this rating "Payment after Charge Off" Any suggestions, because in actuality it is correct, but my letter from providian says paid as agreed. It mentions the original debt though.

I sent a letter to Providian via Planetfeedback.com last week about how they are reporting this debt. I hope that helps.

Mike G.

2. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Re: Providian/Trans Union HELP

dispute as INNCORRECT with the CRA and hope it gets removed..

3. Kat

Kat Well-Known Member

My transunion report says the same thing regarding my Cap1 account. I sent a letter via planetfeedback this morning because I paid them off before the "charged-off" date. How about this: Experian has my Cap1 showing Account history
    Charge Off as of 11-99 to 3-2000,
    7-1999 to 9-1999.
    I'm not sure when they are saying that this thing was charged off. With all the sucess with planetfeedback, I hope to clear this up soon.

4. Saar

Saar Banned

If they admit it was "paid as agreed", simply dispute the status to show as such.

But before you do, consider the following. What happened to me as an accident may happen to you on purpose: I disputed the Cap 1 limit on TransUnion. Cap 1 didn't respond, so TU removed the entire tradeline! Not only that, but it was coded as a "hard delete", meaning THE ACCOUNT CANNOT BE RE-INSERTED EVEN IF CAP 1 TRIED TO!

At first I thought I should raise hell w/ TU, but then I realized that in the long run, I'm better off w/o an account that was closed after only ~7 months.

Saar