Providian upgrade

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by poobybear, Jul 21, 2001.

1. poobybear

poobybear Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how to get an upgrade from a classic silver providian visa to gold or platinum? Credit limit on card is 5000.

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

They upgraded mine automatically at the 1 year mark. Providian loves me.

breeze

3. poobybear

Breeze -

Thanks for responding...
    did they send you something in the mail - or did it just show up on your statement, and also did they send you a new card as well or was your account just considered "gold" on paper?

4. FeliceRodo

FeliceRodo Well-Known Member

If you don't mind my budding in, I can tell you my account is silver but has gold benefits. It's up to Providian how they treat you with their comination packages.

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

First I got a letter telling me I was being upgraded to gold, with a summary of all the gold benefits, A few days later I got a new gold card in the mail. The account number was the same. So was the interest rate, LOL.

breeze

6. FeliceRodo

Breeze,

I think Providian is a joke. Gold used to mean at least $5000 credit line. Now, all it means is the color (if gold is a color). It's as if Providian as well as others think that all they have to do is provide you with surface concretes and the customer will be satisfied. It's like throwing peanuts at monkeys to appease their hunger and love of peanuts. Still, I am glad I have their card.

- Felice

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

PLATINUM...$1,000+ ALSO A JOKE

SILVER WAS UP TO $4,999
    GOLD WAS $5,000+
    PLATINUM SHOULD BE $10,000+
    TITANIUM SHOULD BE $20,000+

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

ALSO PLATINUM SHOULD NEVER BE 18.99%...

9. poobybear

Thanks for your experiences. I will just be happy with the credit limit for now and try not to focus on the color of the card!

10. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

pooby,

You have $5,000 limit, w/ gold benefits, but not a gold-colored card? Is that the problem?

If it is, I wouldn't let it bother me. But if you really want a gold-colored card, why not just ask for it? I bet they would give you one. :)

breeze

11. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Well, it is always good to remember where we came from. :) Providian extended me credit when no one else would. That is no small thing, IMHO. I have found that sticking my little nose too far up in the air makes my neck hurt, LOL

breeze

12. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Felice: I am with breeze on this, Providian gave me an unsecured cc when no other cc would.

Best regards,
    Sam

Just Say No to Junum!

13. FeliceRodo

I am upset with Providian right now.

They are not honest with me all the time. Customer service promised me platinum upgrades and a lower apr in the first year and that never materialized. They are becoming more and more telemarketeers. They call my home all the time trying to sell me programs. I hate that aspect of business.

I take it a lot of people are happy with Providian. More power to you all.

14. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Felice,

This is the Direct Marketing Association's Consumer Help webpage. Here, you can file a complaint about the telemarketers, opt out of various kinds of direct marketing, including telemarketing.

http://www.the-dma.org/consumers/consumerassistance.html

Hope this helps,

breeze

15. FeliceRodo

Breeze,

Thanks, that site is very helpful.

-- Felice

Those who fight for the future live in it today.