Providian Visa

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by steve, Jun 16, 2001.

1. steve

steve Well-Known Member

Got a call from Providian today in which they offered to upgrade my regular card to a Platinum (same interest, but has grace period). I was actually about to accept the offer, but the rep mentioned that the upgrade would cost me $29 so I declined. I already have a bunch of other Platinum cards including AMEX so I really didn't want to pay the fee. Does anyone know if they'll send me a free upgrade offer sometime in the future or was this a chance of a lifetime deal? I was actually thinking about cancelling my old card soon because it has no grace period.

2. zip

zip Well-Known Member

how long have you had this card?? would you be getting a line increase?? I upgraded to the gold card last year, was just wondering when the plat offer would come

3. steve

steve Well-Known Member

I've had the card for about two years now with a limit of $1,250. My original limit was $1,000 and I was given an automatic increase of $250 sometime ago. I haven't used this card for more than a year since it has a rate of 19% and no grace period. The rep mentioned that he would upgrade my card to a Platinum and give me at least a $1,000 increase. I asked him to waive the fee, but he said that he couldn't do it at that time. Providian is my oldest tradeline which is why I didn't cancel this card yet.

4. steve

steve Well-Known Member

Just curious, since I haven't used this card in a long time will I get more points on my report since this account has hit the two year mark?