PROVIDIAN, what can I expect?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Arthur, May 12, 2000.

1. Arthur

Arthur Guest

I opened a Providian Classic card in Oct, 99, the Limit was 500, I received a 200 increase in Feb 00, and was mailed a 1000 upgrade at the same time, I took it, and now my limit is 2300, I spoke with providian on the phone today, b/c they were not reporting my account to the CRA's and they took care of that, and just out of curiousity, I asked when I would get another increase, they told me that my account goes up for review the week of June 5, 2000. What kind of offer can I expect next? It seems that they are VERY liberal with their increases...any personal experiences? How long before I get a gold card?

2. Eric

Eric Guest

RE: PROVIDIAN, what can I expe

yes, you got your increases much faster than I did. Of course, I had a low FICO score for a while there, and I'm sure that affects it.

I'm at 2649 (!?) on Gold at the moment and I'll be up for an increase next month. Drop me an email if you'd like me to let you know what they do.

I've had my card since 6/98. I have noticed the increases were much more frequent since August/September, though.

That was about when I cleaned all the old crap off my credit report.