Providian

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Chloe, Mar 31, 2000.

1. Chloe

Chloe Guest

I want to let you guys know that Providian is a good bank to start with if you have no credit or have had some bumps in your credit I had started out with Providian in Nov 99 and I just received my first 2 credit line increase and I am so happy.

2. Cyn

Cyn Guest

You got two credit line increases? I only got two and I've had my Providian Visa Classic since September '99. Well, you're right about one thing, they have been a pleasure to work with.

3. David

David Well-Known Member

We are happy for you! Spill the beans and tell how much you got in increases and what is your new credit line.

4. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

I have had a Providian account for over 2 years. The last 6 months I have not even used it, yet no increase and no teaser rate. I have had a line for $11,400 for months.

http://www.creditsense.com

5. David

David Well-Known Member

Yeah, sure. Providian credit lines go up to $10,000.

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Could they talking about the Aria card from providian I know there limit is higher than 10K??

7. Michelle

Michelle Guest

I've had a providean card for about 4 months. Started at $500, last week they gave me a $200 increase. This week they sent me a leter offering me a $1000 increase for $49. Sure beats CCB who wants $100 for a $300 increase, which I refuse to pay. I'm going to close my CCB account now even though they have never done me wrong. BUT I don't want to keep counting on my luck.

8. BOB

BOB Guest

Michelle, Your very smart to dump CCB B-4
    it's to late.

9. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

I have a line for $11,300. Their interest rate is just too high for me to use, but I keep them around in case of an emergency.
    They bought my account from First Union a couple of years ago.

http://www.creditsense.com

10. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have from from Aria. I have had my card since Jun of 99. And so far no increase whatsoever. My account has alwasy been in good standing.