providian

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by rolo, Nov 8, 2000.

1. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

hello to all, does any one know if providian will lower the 24% apr if the account is less than 90 days old.Ive already had the the annual fee waved.I have a $160.00 balance with a $1000.00 limit. I called today and the rep told me that my account would have to be at least 90 days old before they could make a decision. Ive had the account for 2 and a half months.

2. S.D.

S.D. Guest

How soon after you got the card did you request for them to waive the annual fee? I'm thinking about accepting the Providian Gold card, but would like to have the fee waived, the APR lowered, and have a grace period as soon as I can.

3. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

I had it waved about a week after I recieved the card.Before I used it. I call and told them I wanted to close the account because I have other cards that dont have an annual fee.Well the rep tried to explain what the annual fee was for,And I still told her no thanks.And she finaly agreed.

4. S.D.

S.D. Guest

I don't have any other cards, but do you think they will know if I'm telling the truth or not?

5. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

no they wont because some credit card companys dont report to credit bureaus. and all they have is whats on your credit report.