Providian .

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by newcomer2, Dec 3, 2000.

1. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

HI everyone..
    I have A question .. About the provdian platinum card . what kind of interest rate does it offer ? is it better than the 16.9 and what about that clear card they have is it any good anyone have it ?

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I have the Aria platinum from Providian, I got this last June my rate is 7.9% and has never gone up. Not sure if they are still offering this rate or not? And I don't know anything about the clear card.

3. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

That's An Amazing Rate Mom...!! Is it Fixed or is it just the introductory rate ??

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

No it's fixed I have had the card and rate since 6/99. That's my best rated one, but they have NEVER given me an increase.

5. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

That's Great Mom ..
    I belive you when You say that's your best rated one . . Because that beats any rate I've seen so far! even amex 10.9 and the 9.9 ones .. I never knew providan would offer such rates .. I once ran into this guy before an he had told me he's been with citi bank for 30 years and had a platinum card with 150 000 credit line and a prefered customer interest rate of 7.9 . I never belived him until I read your post now. Stick with that card Mom :)
    Good luck

6. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

I just checked their site mom .. I guess you got it when the APRs where below the current 9.9 Thats what it says now .
    Good luck

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Yes it did last year, they were advertising 7.9 but apparently it is now 9.9, which still isn't bad at all.

8. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Check out wachovia.com 'Prime for Life'

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

The annual fee is EXCESSIVE at WACHOVIA!!!
    $89.00-99.00

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

SORRY $88.00 and $98.00
    $1.00 OFF

11. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Limit Increases

With an APR fixed below the current prime rate, that card is a great deal for you, but not for them. They have no incentive to offer you more credit at that rate. You can still enjoy the fixed rate, but with a fixed limit.

Your Aria Platinum was a huge victory, but at 7.9%, limit increases may come infrequently or never. I'm having a similar problem getting limit increases on my best card, a Chase Visa at 10.9%.

12. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks

That explains alot, wondered why I never got increases, I guess I now know.

Mom