Providian???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by slt, Dec 13, 2000.

1. slt

slt Guest

Has anyone received an instant credit line increase with Providian because your had the card for 1 year? Do anybody have the credit protection with Providian that they offer? What's you opinion?

2. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

I've had the card since 5/00 and have received 2 instant increases. I have went from a $500 dollar line to $2,200 in 7 months. Although I paid $99 for a $1,000 line increase, they automatically added on an additional $500 with the $1,000 line increase.

chet

3. zip

zip Well-Known Member

on my 1 year anniversary i recieved an up grade of 200.00 then an offer to upgrade to gold with another 1000.00 dollar increase.after 1 year i have a 2750.00 credit line at 19.8 I plan on calling and getting them to give me a grace period and have them waive the annual fee

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Say what. They didnot give me an extra $500. Where is my phone? LOL

roni

5. TommyC

TommyC Guest

I got a preapproved offer from Providian for $1,000.00 in late July 2000, after mailing in an application fee of $49.00. Since this time I use the card a lot at school and pay it down to 30% of my credit limit (per instructions on another board)and have received my first increase for $200.00 automatically in the third month. In the 4th month, I received a credit line increase of $1,000.00, for a $49.00 fee and in the fifth month, I received an automatic $500.00 credit line increase without a fee. I called Providian, to ask them something regarding online bill payments, and a couple of weeks later, I noticed that my credit line had mysteriously increased another $100.00. So, in the five months that I have had and used Providian's Gold Visa Card, I have gone from $1,000.00 to $2,800.00. I'm looking forward to negotiating a grace period and lower APR, at the 6th month mark in January 2001. Good luck negotiating everyone who still have Providian, TommyC

6. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

I had a line with Providian, they increased it from $10,000 to $11,200, but I eventually closed when they refused to give me a lower rate (23.9%APR) is just too high.
    Credit protection is not worth the price.

http://www.creditsense.com

7. slt

slt Guest

To Zip: RE: Providian???

Where you ever offer their Mastercard?

8. zip

zip Well-Known Member

RE: To Zip: RE: Providian???

yes 6 months after i recieved the visa i got an offer for mastercard which i accepted.mastercard started off with a 1000.00 limit

9. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Smart move! I would have done the same. 23.99% on $1k is nothing compared to 23.99% on $11k! I can't believe they wouldn't come down? Oh well, too bad!

10. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip!

You have really gotten places w/ Providian! I'll have to try your tactics.

Thanks!