Providian

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Laura, Apr 14, 2000.

1. Laura

Laura Guest

Guess what Providian did? What did they do?
    The gave me a $200 credit line increase in which I didn't know until I call the automated account line and 2 days later I received a certificate to increase my limit for $1000 for a fee so I agreed and 5 days later they wrote me and said since I receive a credit line increase within 120 (the $200)I am not eligible for the $1000 upgrade. The said they will review it again in 4 months and if I am still currrent I will be offer another credit line increase. Have any of you come across this with them? Do this sound logical? Do you think they had second thoughts?

2. MichaelOH

MichaelOH Guest

This is bull! Around November of last year my line was increased $200.00, and it seems simultaneously I was offered the $1000.00 line increase, which I took. If I were you I would insist on speaking to a supervisor, and don't settle for any lame excuses such as they gave you last time. There must be a REAL reason they withdrew the $1000 offer, insist that they tell you the truth about it. I don't think that is too much to ask of someone you do business with, do you?

3. Michelle

Michelle Guest

Same thing happened to me this past week. I called the automated system and noticed a $200 line increase. Next day I got a certificate for $1000 increase. I called and they said I had to mail it in and it would take 2 weeks to process. I mailed it in and three days later they processed it.

4. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Whenever you receive an increase from Providian, they will automatically give you the $200 & then send you a certificate to sign for the larger upgrade. They are in essence asking your permission to up your credit limit to a higher amount. In your case, there must have been some sort of computer error. Just call customer service, I'm sure they will correct it. If the rep cannot help you then ask for a supervisor. Good luck!

5. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

I also recieved an increase of 200.00 increase and they said it was an anniversary increase and I recieved the 1,000.00 offer in the mail.. I never responded to the offer for 2 reasons. First, They were going to charge my account a fee.. I think 59.00 or something near it, I cannot remember and the second reason is, Since I am rebuilding my credit, I do not want to start diiging a hole for myself. I am doing good now and dont want the bigger increase. I am able to pay the entire balance in the course of 2 billing statements.. I hope this is helpful to u.. Take care and stay above water.. haha. Mike

6. Spanky

Spanky Guest

Since you guys are dealing with Providian, maybe one of you have heard of THIS one...I applied, Providian called to verify info. They told me that my card (unsecured) would arrive in about 2 weeks. 2 1/2 weeks later, I called & was told that my credit limit would be $1000 and that the cards would be enroute "any day". I called them yesterday since I still have no card and was told that it wasn't an unsecured card, not $1000. NOW I find out that it's secured......

7. Eric

Eric Guest

That is strange. To the best of my knowledge, Providian doesn't offer a secured card. It's semi-secured. I could be wrong on this one though.

They send you a card with a credit limit that you can increase by depositing funds into the adjoining savings account. I've never done this with mine.

8. devonair

devonair Guest

that sounds like bull due to the would not have sent you a letter stating that you could add more credit towards your card.

Laura wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Guess what Providian did? What did they do?
    The gave me a $200 credit line increase in which I didn't know until I call the automated account line and 2 days later I received a certificate to increase my limit for $1000 for a fee so I agreed and 5 days later they wrote me and said since I receive a credit line increase within 120 (the $200)I am not eligible for the $1000 upgrade. The said they will review it again in 4 months and if I am still currrent I will be offer another credit line increase. Have any of you come across this with them? Do this sound logical? Do you think they had second thoughts?

9. Laura

Laura Guest

Whether is sounds like Bull or not that is what happen. But when I call the automated line to check my balance it the 1000 line increase is included. When I get my statement next month I am going to look at my available credit and credit line to so I can see it in black and white.