Providian

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by newcomer2, Jan 4, 2001.

1. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

Hi Everyone..
    This is for anyone who's trying to get a grace period on their card .. I talked to a rep and asked her for a grace period she said providian dosn't offer grace periods. So I asked to speak to a supervisor, all the time i'm telling her me and a friend got the same card and he got a grace period.. The supervisors are pritty stiny you've gotta be pushy.. she offered one of both either 16.9 that i was asking for (current rate 19.8) or the grace. I took the rate since i carry a balance and i'm not gonna pay it soon. I plan to call agian soon. ! So I guess the message is ask for one thing at a time. unless your option to close the account is open.

2. mt

mt Guest

Was this for a providian visa card or the aria product line?

3. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

visa gold

4. Allison

Allison Guest

Yes I am curious too, I have a grace period with the Aria product line.

5. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Where do you apply for a regular Providian card? They are only pushing Aria on thier web site.

6. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

It was a preapproved offer about 3 years ago
    I'm sure you can apply by phone..here's the number on the back of the card i'm sure you could reach a live rep and they will give you the number to apply/ 800-356-0011

7. Michael

Michael Guest

PROVIDIAN BANK offers two product lines.

Providian Cards which have no grace period (normally) and ARIA which is their Internet Card, which HAS a Grace Period (although fee's vary according to your credit score!).

Different marketing for different classes of people, (Sorry but it's true!).

Providian Cards are marketed on T.V. during Jerry Springer shows to appeal to the low income masses. Aria Cards are on line to appeal to the Intelectuals with some Cash.

8. mt

mt Guest

Michael --

Your closing comment was ignorant. Your information is only partially true.

Michael wrote:
    -------------------------------
    PROVIDIAN BANK offers two product lines.

Providian Cards which have no grace period (normally) and ARIA which is their Internet Card, which HAS a Grace Period (although fee's vary according to your credit score!).

Different marketing for different classes of people, (Sorry but it's true!).

Providian Cards are marketed on T.V. during Jerry Springer shows to appeal to the low income masses. Aria Cards are on line to appeal to the Intelectuals with some Cash.

9. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

I talked to them about 2 weeks ago, and was offered the same choice (16.9 and no grace or 19.9 with 25 days grace). I took the grace period, I've never had a balance on this card and don't plan to have...

The guy I talked to appeard very helpfull and
    really tried to please me. Maybe the fact that I had 0 balance and I called through the "close account" option helped a bit :))

10. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Aria does offer Grace periods...if you qualify. I have the Persona and it doesn't have a grace, at least not on the one I qualified for...

11. MikeE

MikeE Guest

I've had grace from the beginn

Did I just get lucky?

I have a 25 day grace period and have had it since I got the card back in 8/99.

I just did the standard send in the check secured card route.

I keep wondering what this is about. Do I have a different card? It's blue with Visa Classic written on top of it and a strange Statue of liberty type logo on it.

Mike