Providian

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by miles, May 18, 2001.

1. miles

miles Well-Known Member

sent me convenience checks. I didn't even know they offered them on subprime accounts. I have had my account for 5 years and they have never offered this to me. I wonder if this has something to do with the letters I have sent them?? It has "no cash advance fee" and the interest rate would be 16.9%. This is not a bad deal if I needed a cash advance. What I need is a GRACE PERIOD!!! ....ugh!

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I got those same checks (actually 1 check) in the mail. Same terms, etc. and no cash advance fees blah blah blah. Whatever........just waiting for some better offers to come along.....then Providian is GHOST!

3. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I get the blank checks every three months for my Providian visa and a check with a pre-printed dollar amount for my mastercard.

I keep them in a drawer in case the sky falls and I need them, but so far haven't used any.

4. R.

R. Well-Known Member

I got them from Providian, uninvited, a couple weeks ago. It was the first time in five years Providian sent me checks. Maybe some executive thought it was time to do a major access check promotion. OTOH I have recently paid off Providian after carrying a balance most of the time for the last few years, so maybe they're picking me, looking for a balance to revolve again?

5. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Miles,

I got them last week, too, with no cash advance fee but a 19.8% APR. I tore them up.

6. miles

miles Well-Known Member

marci- LOL, I don't blame you. I am still furious with them. 2.5 weeks now since my Planetfeedback letter and still no response. Even longer than that since I sent an e-mail via their own site. How convenient!! ;-/

R.- I have paid my balance off too. I have always carried a balance. They have made a small fortune off of me, but no more. I will never carry a balance with them again. Once my new accounts age, they are history. We deserve better!!