Providian's new cards

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Saar, Jun 9, 2001.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

The Providian PayPal cards. There are 4 cards in the hierarchy. They are very much like their Aria/ GetSmart programs, plus a few interesting features.

So let's see what we have here:

1. ALL CARDS OFFER A GRACE PERIOD (25 days) - you can't say that's not an improvement for Providian.

2. The 3 top-tier cards (among the 4 offered) charge NO ANNUAL FEE.

This could be a great opportunity for those who could so far only qualify for the lower-tier Aria Persona or GetSmart Classic: At least some of them would now get a card with no annual fee, and ALL of them would benefit from a grace period.

Here it is:

https://www.paypalcreditcard.com/paypalbanner

Saar

2. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

They Package A LOT of Cards Now

Saar - amazing how many distro channels Providian is now using for their same cards with close or exact same terms.

I appreciate and agree that the grace period on the dog cards is an improvement.

However, as you read, when they jacked my great 3 yr $3200 visa to 24 or 25% effective July 2001 -
    the same week they approve me for 0% gold Getsmart then lower rate than other card - I bounced them.

They sent me a nice letter thanking me for my business, said it was Paid in Full, and that would have a very positive impact on obtaining future credit.

Then a week later I got the offer for the attractive chip clear card.
    Screw em - I'll get BLUE in another couple of months - I'll apply in Aug - by then I'll have 13 perfect paid months record with the Green Card.

Hope all is well - this is interesting...Isn't Paypal
    an offshoot of X.com? I believe so. So after 2 years, the X.com titanium visa debit card finally turned into a Providian owned Paypal Visa!!! :)

3. Saar

Saar Banned

Re: They Package A LOT of Cards Now

Good to see you here Dog :)

Sure, you've graduated Providian w/ distinction - your next step is the Blue. But if you travel more than once a year, also consider the Optima Starwood (a/k/a Amex Sheraton).

Saar

4. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

How difficult is it to qualify for these?

Does anyone have one of them?

5. Surphie

Surphie Well-Known Member

Re: They Package A LOT of Cards Now

If you don't have Amex Starwood, you can still transfer your Membership Rewards points to Starwood Preferred Guest program (http://www.preferredguest.com ).
    The Starwood Preferred Guest program is great, I love it :)

Starwood includes Westin Hotels & Resorts, Sheraton Hotels & Resorts, St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, Four Points by Sheraton and W Hotels. And you can enjoy free weekends when you pay for your stays with AmEx.