Prvidian: Credit Line=Cash Adv

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Feb 5, 2001.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I just got my statement in the mail today and it states that my credit line and my cash advance line are the same! I never noticed this? This means that I can take out a cash advance for the whole balance ($950)? Usually the cash advance limit is a certain percentage of your limit. Humm....

Anyone else's Providian Visa Gold cash advance limit and credit line equal?

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Prividian=PrOvidian

Sorry....it's late.

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: Prividian=PrOvidian

yup :) you sure can :)

My citibank cash advance is the same as my credit line, crazy.

i think capitalone is the same way too!

of course they want you to do this, and stick you with mad phat fees :)

4. miles

miles Well-Known Member

RE: Prvidian: Credit Line=Cash

Yes..I am also able to use my entire credit line for cash advances. However, there is a maximum amount you can withdraw per day. If you call the automated system, it will tell you. I can withdraw up to $500 per day. The interest on my cash advance is 16.9%. Not bad for cash advance, but I never use them.

5. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

RE: Prvidian: Credit Line=Cash

my credit limit = cash advance limit. It was supposed to be half. I dunno. But it does say I can only withdraw $100/day. Why bother? hehehe

6. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Providian Cash Advance Limit

I have the "looks like platinum" classic Visa. When I started out, the amount available for cash advances was 265/500, and then 265/700. But at some point, either right before or right after I accepted their offer of $1000 more for a $99 fee, they made the cash advance line equal to the credit line. Now it's 3350/3350, but only $100 per day.

7. peeper

peeper Guest

RE: Providian Cash Advance Lim

I have a providian classic account with a 2,000 credit limit and i can use the whole 2,000 for cash advance but the limit is 500.00 a day

8. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: you got a check book ?

Write a check for the whole cash advance line. They won't decline it!

9. LadyC

LadyC Well-Known Member

RE: They usually increase.....

your cash advance limit to your whole credit line after your account has been opened at least six months to a year. I accepted their mastercard, and the whole credit line was available for cash immediately.

10. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Different terms

Ok the Secured cards have 500 limits per day
    Unsecured cards are 100 per day

I just talked to Prov and they said no account type gets cash advance checks (unlike Capital One)

11. dave

dave Well-Known Member

RE: Different terms

you can go to a bank teller and get more than the per day limit.