PSUgirl~MBNA QUANTUM

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by GEORGE, May 28, 2001.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

INSIDE INFORMATION NEEDED...

Months ago QUANTUM was discussed...

$10,000 min on current card w/MBNA
    2.90% 6 months with a "go to" 13.99%
    no over-limit fee
    no late fee
    no atm fee
    no balance transfer fee
    etc.

SOMEBODY said there was a second "DEAL" for people who "WATCH" their account like a hawk...

They would charge the usual fees for over-limit, late, etc., BUT the interest rate was 9.99%...
    Can you find out?

I CALLED 1-800-343-3246 WAS GOING TO "JUMP" ON IT THEY SAID NO 9.99% OR ANY OTHER INTEREST RATE EXISTS EXCEPT THE ~2.90% FOR 6 MONTHS, THEN 13.99%.

2. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Just for clarity:

The Quantum card has a credit limit upto 250,000
    and again like you where saying
    no over credit line fees
    no late fees
    no bank or atm fees
    no fee for bt's (only if it is a promo) usually 1%
    2.99 promo, and 13.99 fixed
    option of getting miles, with annual fee.

Ive never heard of this special thing that your talking about.

Ill check into it and get back to you.

P.S. Lizardking, your creditworthiness seems eligable for a card like quantum, you should call customer service at 1-800-421-2110 and see whats up! Only if you feel comfortable. find out more info on the prequalifications first then go for it if you want! good luck

psugirl

3. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

That is what i was refering too. After you have let your accounts age for 6-12 months you could be quantum material.

Your right, because you just received 4 new cards with pretty high balances, you may not be in on sold rock.

I only said it because the types of balances that you are receiving on your new cards are what analysts like to see when they check your creditworthiness.

in addition, your entire picture(credit picture) would be looked at to determine if you have the ability, stablity, and willingness to pay.

Hopefully, quantum is in your future. When you receive it, you will love it!

psugirl

4. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

CAll Quantum directly

When we got the Quantum several months ago there were several deals.

They had trouble finding the offer we responded to (the no fee whatsoever offer). If we had not kept the promo materials they mailed to us, I doubt we would have gotten it. We replied online to the offer so we still had the materials MBNA mailed to us.

The deal at the time was this: A no fee card w/an intro rate and 13.99 go to rate.

OR

A normal card (no annual fees but all other fees applied) and then a fixed 9.99 rate. They explained that if we had balance transfers this would be the better card. Since my sig other doesn't ever carry balances... ever... then we took the No fee whatsoever card (he'd had bad experiences w/First USA posting payments late and trying to extort fees so this no fee thing really appealed to him).

I think there were 3 offers??? but I only remember these 2.

Frankly, I talked w/probably 10 reps over the course of getting the card (he originally was issued a Platinum Plus w/8700 limit) and he didn't want it at all. So they increased the limit to 10k and then did a transfer to Quantum. The regular reps gave very conflicting info because it's a new product.

If you want the exact info right now, call the Quantum line: 800-896-3698. Quantum is a different department altogether, better reps, better answers. Might as well get it right the first time.

5. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Re: CAll Quantum directly

I never heard of a rep at mbna talking with an "authorized user" Your still not the account holder and frankly, they are not allow to discuss info about your husbands account unless he is on the phone. That is even true with the quantum card....especially with the quantum card.

psugirl

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I don't have any experience with MBNA reps, but Citibank will talk with me about anything on my husbands account , I am an AU on his account. I reduced the rate and spoke with them on many issues.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I CALLED THE QUANTUM LINE WAS TOLD NO 9.99% EXISTED...

SO I SAID FORGET IT.

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I WOULD WRITE TO GET EXACT INFORMATION...BUT IF I CAN'T GET TRUE INFORMATION ON THE PHONE, WHY WOULD I GET IT BY MAIL???

9. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

Most of our accounts are joint or I am the primary. ALL of them EXCEPT First USA will talk to me any time I want.

First USA tried to say they couldn't talk to me, so I handed the phone to the hubby. He told the guy that he didn't get the account, didn't know anything about the account, didn't handle the acct. or pay the bills on the acct..... I DID. SO if they wanted to EVER discuss anything about that acct they had better talk to ME.

They have no problem now.

MBNA must just have a problem.

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MY WIFE TELLS THE CREDIT CARD COMPANIES ALMOST THE SAME THING...
    She doesn't pay the bills, doesn't know the interest rate (was going to close it if they didn't reduce it), she told them to talk to me!!!
    SHE ALSO TALKS ON THE PHONE FOR 8+ HOURS PER DAY...WOULD YOU WANT TO TALK TO ANYBODY EXCEPT RELATIVES OR FRIENDS???

11. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

My thoughts!

Your right George, Ive never heard of the quantum card giving options especially a 9.99. The reasoning behind the 13.99 is that the service that you get with the card is like no other so mbna doesnt think that an interest rate of 13.99(fixed) is asking too much when you have no fees on the card.

Goodness, you get your own personal assistant on the card, What more would you need!!!

But, by law mbna exercises a privacy policy and doesnt speak with anyone except for the card holder.

There are no such things as joint account holders except if you sign up a co-signer (someone who takes over the liablity if you fail to)

MBNA is by far better than first usa. Thats why first usa is doing so poorly in the industry and mbna is still the most profitable. Also, first usa doesnt care about privacy issues and mbna does, thats why mbna was voted number 1 in customer satisfaction!

nite-

psugirl

12. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

PSUgirl,
    Can I closed the apple loan and transfer the credit line to my Quantum Card for making the credit line higher?

Ron.

13. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

Re: My thoughts!

Sorry PSUgirl.

I know you work there BUT...
    I had a MBNA card once. IT SUCKED. NEVER AGAIN.

Paid it off and closed that account.

14. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

13.99% WAS JUST TOO HIGH...IT WOULD BE THE HIGHEST RATE I PAY...

15. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

I can tell you that there is No such thing as "the quantum department" it is still the regular customer service that you would receive on every other card. the toll free number just lets customer service know that this is a quantum customer and first priority is given.

There is NOT better reps, its still the same representatives that are in customer service. There is NOT better answers, you will get answers as to what they are trained on telling you.

Bottom line, you are STILL calling mbna customer service. the people that you speak with are no different than anyone else that works in customer service. the toll free number just seperates the calls and gives quantum customers first priority.

psugirl

16. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

George,
    I asked to lower the rate of my Quantum Card and they told me it is the best rate that they could give.

Ron.

17. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Re: My thoughts!

Im curious to know, what makes you think the card was bad. What was your experiance?

What's funny is that you are with first usa, the worst credit bank out there now (thats not subprime). Youll get what you pay for with them sooner or later.

Also, to let you know, first usa is merging with bank one.

psugirl

18. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Your asking me if you can close a loan and get a credit card. Those are two different financial instruments that you are refering to.

There would be no reason to close the loan. Especially if it is a good trade line.

How much is your loan for?

Let me know

psugirl

19. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Just talked w/Quantum about my MC

Well, I just got off the phone w/the Quantum dept about my card.

Since I'm just an AU I guess I couldn't talk about my account... but I did. again. no problem. Hmmm. Maybe it's just a mistake that I get treated well by MBNA Quantum reps everytime I call.

Just to add to the information pool here: my card number is the same as his. I gave them my card number and name. They said "thank you Ms. XX, how may I help you" as though the card were mine.

I'm not sure if I really need to read between the lines here, but I believe PSUgirl is in essence calling me a liar about being an AU on a Quantum. Amazingly incorrect and also just silly.

Of course, I am truthfully telling the board what I have received and what I have been told by MBNA. I was told this is their top card and that there is a dept for Quantum cardholders w/our own reps. I was told this again tonight. If they're lying to create prestige then I wouldn't know that; I am going on what they tell me on the phone.

But considering the outstanding service we've gotten from Quantum vs the mediocre service I've heard about on this board from the regular card reps... I believe them when they say it's a different department.

Frankly, I've certainly gotten differing and incorrect info from Cap1 credit card reps regarding terms, increases, eligibility... but I do consistently get the same answers from Quantum reps so I believe them about what's available for the card.

Our rates were 5.7 until Aug, then our go to rate is 13.9. At the time we applied, there was a 9.9 fixed option. We chose not to take it because it had the fees attached. I don't know if that rate still exists.. or if it exists for every cardholder... but it was absolutely offered to us several months ago.

Tonight I requested the numbers for Quantum applications to help you guys and they are:

New applications: 800-862-0910 open from
    8am- 12pm

Existing MBNA cardholders wishing to get Quantum:
    800-852-4139 except for Sunday nights at 9pm when they're updating their computer systems and they won't be able to access your account.

I was told tonight that offers of interest rates/ terms do differ. Quantum has several different terms and depending on your credit and their marketing department... you'll get an offer or choices of offers for the Quantum card.

You do get Travel services, Travel Protection plan, other travel-related insurance, Quantum Assist Concierge Services, and Emergency Medical and Legal Referrals.

Their website is www.MBNA.com/Quantum
    If you have any other Quantum questions, some of the numbers off our little list enclosed with the card are:

Cash Access:
    800-246-8156
    Quantum Travel Services
    800-800-8609
    Quantum Assist Concierge
    800-847-5291
    (that's the number for the personal assistant)

Those numbers should get you to the right people to ask questions about the Quantum card. Hope this helps all of those interested in Quantum.

20. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Just talked w/Quantum about my MC

I WATCH MY ACCOUNTS LIKE A HAWK...so I want low interest <10%...don't care about late fees, over limit fees, atm fees, etc...DON'T USE THOSE FEES...

AS I SAID BEFORE I WOULD WRITE...BUT WOULD PROBABLY BE TOLD 13.99%...TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!!

I WILL LEAVE IT!!!!