PSUgirl~MBNA QUANTUM

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by GEORGE, May 28, 2001.

1. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Im tired!

Give me a break.

Know one was calling you a liar about you being an authorized user on a credit card.

It doesnt take much to become one. Someone asks "would you like to add any authorized users on your account, your allowed up to 5 for free!" and they answer, " yes add...."

that it, not a big deal. It just ment that they had the qualifications and you didnt.

It was strange to know that you asked if quantum had their OWN reps. Never heard of anyone doing that before.

Off to bed,

psugirl

"it doesnt take a lot to go to a web site, just ten fingers or maybe less!" -a wise one

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Just talked w/Quantum about my MC

It is possible where PSUgirl works, there is no "SEPERATE" office or division, there are 9 call centers...they could differ...

â?¢ Headquarters - Wilmington, Delaware
    â?¢ Northern Region - Belfast, Maine
    â?¢ Southwestern Region - Dallas, Texas
    â?¢ Mid-Atlantic Region - Baltimore, Maryland
    â?¢ Western Region - Aliso Viejo, California
    â?¢ Southern Region - Boca Raton, Florida
    â?¢ MBNA Canada - Gloucester, Ontario
    â?¢ Central Region - Cleveland, Ohio
    â?¢ MBNA Europe - Chester, England

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MY AUNT LIVE IN BELFAST MAINE...I SHOULD HAVE TRIED TO VISIT THE OFFICE WHEN I WAS THERE LAST...MAYBE IN A FEW MONTHS...MY UNCLE JUST DIED LAST SUNDAY, SO I HAVE TO CHECK ON HER SOON...

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

JUST BECAUSE 1700...

WOW

:)

5. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

I certainly understand completely.

When my sig other was originally issued a Plat Plus by MBNA he told them to effectively shove it. He wanted the no fee Quantum b/c he'd had a bad experience or 2 with First USA payments posting "late" and incurring fees (even when he sent them in the day the statements came in and when his other payments mailed the same day made it in time).

I can appreciate your desires for a lower interest rate. I actually tried to talk him into taking the 9.9 option but he said no (and since it wasn't my credit on the line... we got the no fee card). ;)

It is funny that they originally couldn't find in the computer the offer for absolutely a no fee Quantum card.. .they only found the lower rate offers w/fees and we went through several supervisors before we found one who could use the reservation number on his invitation to obtain the promotion for that card. I actually spent several phone calls and a good bit of my time getting him not only the Quantum upgrade he should have been offered in the first place but also getting him the Quantum offer he was sent.

He thought they were pulling a "bait and switch" with the Plat Plus... and then with the lower annual rate but w/fees Quantum upgrade he got when they changed him to Quantum. It was a bit of a mess getting him the right card. And he wasn't going to bother calling back anymore. He actually said if they couldn't get their act together enough to even find the offer they sent in his invitation then he didn't want to deal with them at all.

But I convinced him to stick it out... but the deal was that I had to call and get it fixed. So I did. I'm very tenacious (and I wanted the card more than he did).

He doesn't really care about cards. He has Amex, Diners, and he just got offers for Plat Amex and Blue. We're getting the Blue too... because the $300 annual fee on the Plat is a "waste of money" to him.

Perhaps when my credit is finished healing I'll also regain my sanity and realize that prestige credit cards are a bit silly... and certainly not worth the price unless you use their benefits. The only way we got Quantum was because there was no annual fee.

You sound sensible like him. Get what you want, and who cares about the rest :)

6. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

MBNA is world wide, there are more centers than 9.

Also,

What kind of person is your husband to tell someone to "shove" a credit card that he originally applied for.

Like the pot calling the kettle black...

be back in the am's....of to get pour beauty rest.

psugirl

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

â?¢ Headquarters - Wilmington, Delaware
    â?¢ Northern Region - Belfast, Maine
    â?¢ Southwestern Region - Dallas, Texas
    â?¢ Mid-Atlantic Region - Baltimore, Maryland
    â?¢ Western Region - Aliso Viejo, California
    â?¢ Southern Region - Boca Raton, Florida
    â?¢ MBNA Canada - Gloucester, Ontario
    â?¢ Central Region - Cleveland, Ohio
    â?¢ MBNA Europe - Chester, England

FROM WHAT IS ON THEIR WEB SITE UNDER EMPLOYMENT, THESE ARE "REGIONAL HEADQUARTERS" AND THEY HAVE MORE OFFICES THAN JUST REGIONAL HEADQUARTERS...

THEY WOULD NOT MAKE THEM ALL THE SAME...I ASSUME.

8. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

There was a reason I asked if the Quantum reps were different. We went through HELL getting the originally issued Plat Plus switched to Quantum. And the Plat Plus reps were completely incompetent.

Originally, the number on the back of the Plat Plus card was the "general MBNA cust service number". That's what I was told by a supervisor. And these general reps (her term) didn't know a thing about Quantum. It was new, and this was several months ago when it was REALLy a new offer.

So I got so many differing answers regarding the switch to Quantum (and terms) that it became a comedy of errors. I talked with several supervisors in the process and I was told by several supervisors that there was a different dept for Quantum... and that, once the card number switched and we received our welcome package, I'd have the direct number for Quantum and that I could expect a distinctly higher level of customer service.

A marketing comment meant to differentiate Quantum? Quite possibly. But certainly if we had to continue to deal with the level on incompetence we had already dealt with his Plat Plus reps... well, frankly even with a no annual fee deal, it wouldn't be worth it. I tried to put it a bit more politically correct in my earlier posts. But to be fair to the board, my experience with his Plat Plus reps sucked. It was the worst experience I've ever had w/reps and I've dealt w/subprime.

Perhaps MBNA stretched the truth about the Quantum to try to instill a bit of confidence because they'd completely lost all of my confidence.

Regardless of the poor service we both got the first several weeks with MBNA... once the switch was finalized and we got the Quantum contact numbers, our experience with MBNA Quantum has been stellar.

9. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

last post, my bed is calling me!

you right, they are not all the same....i mean that different places handle different aspects of the bank...quality, sales, cusomter service, customer assistance, ect....

MBNA is still one bank and they dont teach one center differently than the other. There are people that are employed to make sure of that.

good night george, and hope you have a chage of mind about quantum!

psugirl

10. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

What kind of person is your husband to tell someone to "shove" a credit card that he originally applied for...???

Nice post. Very mature. Guess you didn't read. I'll explain just for the edification of the board but I'm done this rapidly becoming childish post.

He applied for the Quantum card based on an invitation. He clearly qualified but was instead issued a Plat Plus. MBNA bait and switch. His lowest card is 20k. 8700 was an insult.

He had no interest in Plat Plus and he clearly didn't want those terms. He told them to shove that card only after he'd wasted his time making 3 calls to MBNA. He was told on the first call they would increase the limit from 8700 to 10K and issue Quantum. BUT the rep didn't follow up and actually issue the card.

So he called back and they were supposed to expedite the card. 17 days later there was no Quantum card in the mail. Then they sent another Plat Plus card.

By the third call he didn't want to deal with MBNA anymore. What kind of a company doesn't follow up on basic things like issuing a card that's supposed to carry with it a higher level of service?????

I finally talked with them and they FedEx'd a card to me but forgot to put his in the package.

As I posted earlier, I was trying not to show MBNA's complete and utter incompetence in simply issuing a credit card.. but perhaps that wasn't fair to the board. Better to show all sides of a company and then let everyone decide for themselves if they want to deal with a credit card company... or not.

11. My2kGT

My2kGT Well-Known Member

I just don't know why PSUGirl is working so hard for MBNA while off the "clock" he he he I would never tell this board if I worked in something related to credit because I would be hounded by people. Never the less I suppose she offers some insight to cc customer service. But I can see some angry MBNA users running her off this board, which would of course be very unfortunate.

my2kgt

12. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

PSUgirl,

I don't use the First USA anymore. When I signed up for a Wingspan I didn't realize it was a First USA card. I paid each month for 8 months at 2.9 and never had one problem.

The balance is zero. It will remain at zero, until I am finished using the 10,000 credit line to spread out my debt/credit ratio.

13. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: CAll Quantum directly

PSUgirl,
    Originally I wanted to get the Apple loan for purchasing a computer and later I found out Sears gave me 0% interest for 12 months. I haven't used it for a single time and I wondered that the credit lines of the Apple loan combined with Quantum Card to get a higher credit line. I didn't have any balance on the Apple loan (line of credit).

Ron.