public records

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by cole, Apr 25, 2001.

  1. cole

    cole Active Member

    If I understand the FCRA correctly, disputes must be validated by the person or entity reporting the negative item.

    Then how is it that the CRA's can report that an item was verified with the Court House? It seems that they would have to verify the item with the creditor who obtained the judgment, lien, etc.

    If this is true, then the next question is: How to get the CRA to abide by the law? I know I can sue them, but has anyone challenged the CRA's with an effective letter?

    Thanks for all the information.

    Oh, By the way, is there any way to jump to the first posting so I can work my way to the top?

Share This Page