Pulled Cr W/out Authorization

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by SPANKY23, Sep 21, 2003.

1. SPANKY23

SPANKY23 Active Member

Re: Re: Pulled Cr W/out Authorization

1. Yes I tried through PFB.
    2. No response.
    3. Yes, the inquiries are still there.
    4. No I don't have any new ones.

So now what? How do I go about suing????

2. SPANKY23

SPANKY23 Active Member

Re: Re: Pulled Cr W/out Authorization

BUMP

3. vghost

vghost Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Pulled Cr W/out Authorization

• Don't push it, it's not suing time yet.

As jlynn said, EX and TU have their hard inquiry sections separate. EQ has them the same way. If you sure they are all "hard" inquiries, duspute them with the CRAs. OC is not obligated by the law to respond to your letters, CRA is. If you are not 100% sure, call CRA and try to find out ...

4. boywonder

boywonder Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Pulled Cr W/out Authori

CIT ONLINE/DFS is Dell Financial Services.

5. SPANKY23

SPANKY23 Active Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Pulled Cr W/out Authorization

I am 100% positive these are HARD inquiries and I have already disputed with the CRA, more than once. They say they are permissible inquiries. I have disputed it with the company that pulled it also! It has been over 2 months. How long to you wait to sue? If I don't sue then what do I do now???

6. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Then what I would do, is send your no permissable purpose letter thru their Agent of Service - you can find out that information thru your Secretary of State. If no Agent of Service in your state, you will need to call the SOS in the state they are located.

Sending it thru the Agent of Service (IMHO) and thru experience, generally gets their attention. It gets to the "right" department, and they know if you have gone to the effort to find the Agent, you are serious.

HTH

11/02 TU 530>615 FICO 614
    EQ 510>611
    EX 504>620

Do not start with me...you will NOT win

7. Theossie

Theossie Well-Known Member

I have 1 "hard" inq on my EQ report from..

ARROW FINANCIAL SERVICES LLC

and I'll never heard of them.. the inquiry was this month...

8. boywonder

boywonder Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Pulled Cr W/out Aut

I've had an "ARROW" before. It's a collection agency.

9. Poochie

Poochie Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Pulled Cr W/out Aut

Are collection agencies allowed to pull hard inqs?

10. SPANKY23

SPANKY23 Active Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pulled Cr W/out Authorization

I have contacted my SOS and the SOS in the state that they are located. They can't find it. Is there any other way I can find it? If they don't answer then what. If they haven't done anything with all the other letters I have sent then why would they do something with this one? All they keep sending is a letter saying they can't send what I'm asking for since they don't have it. So how is an agent of service going to come up with a document that no one else at their company can find??

11. SPANKY23

SPANKY23 Active Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pulled Cr W/out Authorization

BUMP

12. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pulled Cr W/out Aut

Unfortunately, the law doesn't make a distinction between hard/soft, an alleged PP is the only relevent issue.

NCO pulled hard on my TU as well, its a tactic, if they get a hard pull that brings down your score, they think you'll be more apt to try to settle with them... They want to do the most damage that they can to your report, NCO reports as being perpetually 120+ days late so that you don't get the point relief of having the alleged account go to CO status, even if the original account was already COed...

13. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

Because the Agent of Service is who you would be serving to SUE them for violating the law.

I.E, it puts them in the mind set that, I've tried working with you on this, this is your last chance to comply with my previous requests to have this done, if you don't the next thing that you receive will be a summons.

14. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

They are trying to get your ATTENTION with the "HARD"...a "SOFT" will work for what they need or want...