Q for Experts: Citi or Univers

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Bill Aikma, Jan 10, 2001.

1. Bill Aikma

Bill Aikma Guest

Greetings:

I have a BK on my record from 1995. Both Citi and Universal were included in it. Now I have received offers from them (over 5 years have lapsed) for platinum mastercards. My question to the resident experts is, is it worth applying or not? I have maintained an immaculate record since 95 and have 3 open credit lines (plus 2 dept store lines).

Any suggestions? I also have an offer from Providian for a Gold Card of upto 3000 limit?

Thanks.

BA.

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Q for Experts: Citi or Uni

Citibank keeps internal records for past mistakes against them, so I don't think you have a very good chance of getting the card, and since it was 95, I am sure the records ATLEAST go back that far since it is only 6 years. Not sure about Univerisal since Citibank recently took them over? And from what I have been told those offers and chosen from a quick view on your reports, it is only when you apply to they check their internal records, so that is why some people do get offers from companies that they have had credit porblems with in the past. My friend got a preapproval for AMEX, whom she burned a few years ago I told her NOT to apply but she did and they denied her, their reasoning was her past history with them.

Mom

3. anon

anon Guest

RE: Q for Experts: Citi or Uni

I recently got a preapproved basic card letter from AmEx. Had a B/K 10 yrs ago - cannot afford to repay. Called and was denied on past account history. FICO 740

Momof3 wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Citibank keeps internal records for past mistakes against them, so I don't think you have a very good chance of getting the card, and since it was 95, I am sure the records ATLEAST go back that far since it is only 6 years. Not sure about Univerisal since Citibank recently took them over? And from what I have been told those offers and chosen from a quick view on your reports, it is only when you apply to they check their internal records, so that is why some people do get offers from companies that they have had credit porblems with in the past. My friend got a preapproval for AMEX, whom she burned a few years ago I told her NOT to apply but she did and they denied her, their reasoning was her past history with them.

Mom