qspace-hard or soft inquiry

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Donna, Jun 1, 2001.

1. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Hi everyone.

I have a bunch of inquiries from Qspace showing on Equifax and I suspect they must be the hard kind because the number one reason for my score being what it is, since all the derogs are gone, is too many inquiries.

Is there any way to get Qspace to change these hard inquiries to appear as soft? Unfortunately, I have a bunch. (before Equifax made their reports available online, I used Qspace a lot.) I have Emailed Qspace customer service and am awaiting a response. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Thanks. I'd appreciate any feedback.

Donna

2. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Donna,

When I called Equifax, and asked about this 2 months ago, the rep told me it was soft. One problem with Equifax, however, is that they don't separately list hard and soft inquiries, so you never really know the truth.

I really hope for your sake that those are soft. If they aren't - then pitch a fit with Equifax's supervisors and get them to code it as a soft inquiry.

3. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Thanks much, Marci.

I'm really uneasy about this. Other than Qspace the inquiry section on Equifax isn't all that bad. I do have several listings from Qspace, though, and you can bet I'm gonna stay on this issue until it gets resolved. My suspicion is that these are hard inquiries and they are killing my score.

If I find out anything, I'll be sure to post.

Donna

4. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

Hello Donna,
    Look at the inquires for Qspace;It should read as;
    Q Space-Disclosure

If it just says Qspace, get on the phone and ask for a supervisor or the legal dept at both qspace and equifax as just Qspace notation is not acceptable.
    I have some names if you get bogged down in my phone notes.

Oh,and your right about never using Qspace in the future.

VJ

5. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

VJ,

Thanks much for the info

If you have any phone numbers handy, I could sure use them. There is no consumer disclosure on my report. This whole thing makes me crazy! My Equifax report has taken a year to get clean, my Beacon score is moving upward and now I'm stuck with a bunch of inquiries because I used this confounded service.

As of yet, I've heard nothing from Qspace customer service. I couldn't find a phone number on their web site but I did Email.

Thanks again. Any additional info you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Donna

6. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

I am not a fan of Equifax, but I just looked at my most recent Equifax report and they tell which inquiries are soft and which are hard. They don't do much right, but it seems like they did this right.

7. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

Re: qspace-long

Wow, does this bring back bad memories....
    Start with this history and I'll get you more if needed.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Greetings,(From Vj to Qspace)
    I used qspace to pull a copy of my credit report and my credit score,with the understanding
    this would not count or show as an hard inquiry for credit on my credit report.
    I now find a new inquiry listed on my credit report under;Companies that have requested your
    credit files with a permissible purpose to extend credit.This is lowering my credit score and I demand it be removed ASAP.According to your website this would not show as an inquiry on my report and it is,causing me harm. Please call me ASAP @xxx xxx xxxx
    before it goes to third party intervention.
    Thank-you,xxxx

(this is when I wanted their BBB privacy seal revoked)
    Hi Arash,(From bbbonline toQSPACE)
    I am writing to you because I noticed that your company is up for the
    Privacy seal renewal and I got a call from xxxxx xxxxxx who has tried
    several times to contact you about a serious problem that he has to resolve
    within 5 days. He is going to file a complaint today if you do not respond
    to him by 3pm EST (Eastern Standard Time) . As you know, you must be in
    good standing with the local BBB to participate in the BBBOnLine Privacy
    Program.

You can contact xxxxx at xxx xxx xxxx to discuss this situation.

If further assistance is needed, please contact me.

Best Regards,
    Kim C. Evans
    BBBOnLine
    kevans@cbbb.bbb.org
    703/247-9336
    888/679-3353
    Dear Ms. Evans,(from me to bbbonline)
    I received a call from someone from Qspace .I was informed
    that Qspace was re-locating to Orange,Ca.He put me in touch with Susan(CRA contact person for Qspace) who I had to fax my credit report to showing they had made a reportable inquiry on my credit file.Let's see if they follow through with removing this.Will keep you posted.

Thank-you !!!!!!!!!!!

xxx xxxxxx

F.Y.I. There new phone number is 1-888-373-3995
    xxxx xxxxx,(From BBBonline to VJ)
    Im glad to have helped with this situation. Sheldon from QSpace emailed me as well with the following response:

"Hi Kim, (From Qspace to BBBonline)

I saw your email regarding xxxx xxxxxx, and spoke today about the problems contacting QSpace.com. We are in the process of transitioning the QSpace site from San Francisco to our Orange office, and apparently everone had the wrong contact information. We will be working with xxxx over the next few days in order to correct a possible error that was pointed out. xxx xxxx also mentioned that the contact information for QSpace listed by the BBB is outdated. Can you let me know what contact information you have listed right now? Thanks.
    Regards,

Sheldon Lim
    Product Manager
    iPlace.com
    Tel: (714)385-2123
    Fax: (714)978-0060
    http://www.iPlace.com
    Email: slim@iplace.com"
    (BBBonline to VJ)
    I will be responding to the message to know what information he needs to update and how to do it. Please do follow up and let me know if everything worked out for you.

And if there is anything else I can be of assistance with, feel free to contact me.

Best Wishes and Good Luck!

Kim

888/679-3353

kevans@cbbb.bbb.org
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Dear xxxxx,(FromQspace to Me)

We can confirm we are in the process of working closely with Equifax to resolve this matter in a
    timely fashion. Once again we do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

Sincerely,
    Susan
    Manager Customer Care Center
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    From; Veronica.Jones@equifax.com Mon Apr 02 14:2001
    Dear xxxxx:

As per our earlier conversations, this is to confirm that Equifax inquiries along with those of our link partners, such as QSpace, are not calculated in your BEACON score.

If the inquiry is displayed to the credit grantor, then BEACON has logic to bypass it if it is not associated with an actual application for credit.

Equifax displays all inquiries, including those initiated by the consumer for disclosure request.

Veronica Jones
    Director,
    Equifax Consumer Direct
    I didn't beleive that and with that said,I had the Disclosure added after Qspace on the inquiry.
    There's alot more but this will get you going.

VJ

8. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Re: qspace-long

VJ,

Thanks so much. You've provided a lot of helpful info and, from what I can gather, there is a good bit of work ahead of me. I'm determined to at least get these inquiries turned to soft so I'd better get started.

Donna