Qualifications?????????

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Discover, Apr 5, 2001.

1. Discover

Discover Guest

Is the Discover Platnium hard to get. I applied on-line and received 2-3 weeks to process etc. Is that a nice way of saying DENIED. Anyone have any input?

2. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I got the same info. It said that they had to look at my info more closely. I don't know how difficult it is to get....no one's every told me.

3. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

I don't think it is difficult to get unless you have too many negatives on your record. I remember when I applied some time ago I had like 4 inquiries on my report and I got this card only 6 months after I got my first credit card (Providian).

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I applied last year after receiving a pre approval LOL. they denied me. But I know you can all a number to check your status, I am sure someone knows it, I have just forgotten what it was. But I do remember calling right after I applied and received my lovely denial:( They are now on my "crap" list, I keep a record of all the banks that didn't give me a chance, I am sure in a few months they will all want my business, but I have a good memory LOL.

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Momof3,
    I recieved a Pre-approval application for Discover Platinium and I got denied because I had previously charge-off accounts with them. About a year later, I applied again on the web and I got approved for classic card. I request limit increase and upgraded to Discover Platinium.

6. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

LOL Mom, I have a running tally also. First USA, Chase and BofA are tops!