Quantum by MBNA....Rip off..Beware

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Davidoj, May 1, 2001.

1. Davidoj

Davidoj Member

Yesterday I got an offer in the mail to get a low rate , no annual fee and a 1.7%apr,and air miles. The catch is there is NO GRACE PERIOD ON YOUR PURCHASE'S. You will incur finance fee's from the day of posting to your account. This in my opinion is a big rip off. Stay away if you see one. DAVID

2. wsteven

wsteven New Member

This is not true, David. I use a quantum all the time, in excess of $5,000 / month in charges, and I've never experienced a finance charge. You are way too paranoid. LOL To my knowledge, MBNA does not employ that tactic on any of its accounts.

Not only does this card definitely have a grace period, but two months ago I shifted the billing date to provide me a little more convenient payment schedule. My grace period for this period was the 49 day billing cycle plus 25 days before the due date!

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Davidoj,
    I had MBNA account for over a year and I didn't had any problems with them. They upraded my Garfield Paltinium Plus account to Quantum Mastercard last year and they haven't give me any problems so far. The rate may be not as low as my Nextcard and BofA 9.9% APR and they have a good customer services.

Ron.