Question about Consumer Statement

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by parallax1, Oct 16, 2001.

1. parallax1

parallax1 Well-Known Member

After having disputed a few incorrect balances with TU (and having them removed without my wanting or asking), I finally received an updated report. Not only did it not include my TU score, but it has a consumer statement that I did not make. It reads:

"Do not confuse with consumers of similar identification; verify all identifying information."

What? What?

It also has a paragraph labeled 'special messages' which reads:

"Input SSN has been used (003) times in the last (30) days on different inquiries."

What? I wouldn't have 3 if Citi hadn't pulled my report twice for 1 application. Anyway, has this happened to anyone else? I'm assuming that I can get this forged consumer statement off my report, but can I do it on-line or do I have to call?

2. bobndj

bobndj Active Member

same thing happened to me - exact wording. I just disputed it so we'll see what happens

3. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me - exact wording. TU merged my credit report with someone with the same name in another state. This person had 10 current tradelines, all current - no negatives. I disputed it - they deleted all the accounts from the other person, added the "consumer statement" to my report, then reinserted 6 of the credit lines from the other person (only this time they show up as "paid in full").

I just got my Expeian report - they did the same thing - merged my report with the same guy. I have not disputed yet.

Let me know how the dispute turns out.

4. kustomkat

kustomkat Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me on TU, I disputed it...
    I also got input address reported as suspicious?????

by who..??

I dunno... TU sucks ASS

Kev

5. Shirley

Shirley Well-Known Member

Another Consumer Statement question, this one having to do wtih Experian.

I had an entry listing a major credit card on my Experian report listed as Inactive/Never late last reported in 1995, opened in 1988. It wasn't my account so I disputed it.

In the entry, my current report says under status: This item was verified on 10/2001. Then right underneath it it says:

CONSUMER STATEMENT: Item disputed by consumer

Does this "statement" that I did not make remain on the report as long as the account does? Can i have it removed?

6. parallax1

parallax1 Well-Known Member

I see a trend here. I deleted 2 former addresses (1 was a PO Box that they had wrong and the other was my wife's address before we were married!), maybe by doing that they think that I am trying to erase my past? Obviously I removed those addresses because they were wrong, but if they are reading this forum they might have seen the advice from some that says to delete past addresses to make it harder for collection agencies to verify you. Who knows, but I am going to get it taken off or add a real consumer statement that they won't want to print!