question about equifax report

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by newcomer2, Nov 17, 2000.

1. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

Hello everyone ..
    My question is this when you order your report online from equifax it states that it will be avialable to you for thirty days . My question is in that thirty days if something changes on your report to you get to see the change meaning ( Real time report during those thirty days) or is it the same report you got at a certian date avialable to you for he entire 30 days .. Anyone have experience with this ???
    Thankx in advance

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: question about equifax rep

Not that I know of, I believe you just view the same one for thirty days, atleast in my experience it is not updated.

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it's the same report that you can view for 30 days. If you want an updated report, you have to pull another one. Kinda sucks but oh well.....

4. Killer

Killer Guest

It's the same report for 30 days. Actually it's a few more days than 30. And during that time, you can not pull an updated report. You must wait until the current report expires. I am speaking from experience.

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

you mean like q space right. Well, no. If you order the report at equifax site, you can not order another report until the 30 days is up. The option to order will not come up. If you try, a message will come up saying you are already a cust. and will show you your old report again. If you sign up the credit watch program, you get 6 online reports and email notification of negative changes to your report. This cost about $39 I think. With that program you can check your report free for up to six reports and you can get a new one at any time of the month. That is my experience. I have been using that site for several months.

roni.

6. Alwilda Sm

Alwilda Sm Guest

Equifax Rip-off

Just a few words of wisdom to all:

Equifax provides this service that is supposed to give one access to
    their Credit Files for a period of 60 days for $8.00 (charged to your
    credit card). The format of this information SUCKS! I was
    disappointed, emailed them with the reasons I was dissatisfied, and
    requested a credit. The request has went unanswered now for over a
    month. An excerpt from my letter to them describing problems with
    their service follows:

"The online credit report that I ordered does not go into the detail
    that I have ordinarily seen in the past when acquiring hard copies.
    The online version does not give number of times 30, 60, or 90 days
    late, or a rating as to the past credit experience. Also did not
    show a "Date of Last Activity" column and other details thatI
    expected. Also gave no reasonable way to print my Credit
    Report . . . I assumed that I would be able to get a reqular hard
    copy printout, just like if I has received one by mail."

I would expect Equifax, like almost any other business, to provide a
    refund to dissatisfied customers. I have thought about contacting
    the credit card company to "stop payment," but Equifax would probably
    just report this as a bad debt.

Thanks.

7. Killer

Killer Guest

RE: Equifax Rip-off

My on-line report did show all those things and I had no problem printing it.

8. Killer

Killer Guest

Roni,

I think they are talking about the on-line report available at Equifax site. Is that the same as q-space? Anyway, q-space sounds like a good deal.

9. roni.

roni. Guest

right. I knew which they were talking about. I meant at q space you only get one report a month and if you order a new one they give you the same old report. which sucks. They dont really warn you either. I little message comes up and says you already order this report before do youwant to continue. They took my money and I did not really understand what it meant until after i saw they sold me the same report. At least at the equifax site, they wont let you order another at all for 30 days unless you do the method i described in the last post.

roni.

10. Killer

Killer Guest

Oh I see....that's not a good deal afterall.

11. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

Thankx so much for your response everyone..
    In that Case I'm not gonna go for it since it's not a live update sort of thing.
    good luck everyone ..

12. anon

anon Guest

They do show it, by rating you, (ex: R1, I1, etc. on the right hand side of the report). It doesn't spell it out the others.

13. sam

sam Well-Known Member

There's different modes of reporting, the old non-machine version of the report allowed detail per trade line in the format of # day late by # of times.

They also have a similar tradeline view to experian, with the 12/24 history of your trade line that is viewable too.

Matter of fact,they also have human-readable (better parsed) than what you get on the site.

If you have a true credit terminal software (hint go make friends with the people in the leasing office of your apartment, they have the right, and ability to pull your credit file at ANY time, cost like $4 nowadays for them), you can select the options like beacon scoring, format of the report , joint or single, and 1 or more bureaus at a time.

There's a whole multitude of options regarding the type of equifax reports you get.

BTW, if you are a software developer, and have a business, you can sign a NDA disclosure for the data output format, and credit report selection and communications protocol to each credit bureau. They will send you these big-a$$ books about every 3 months, and updates in between to accomodate their quickly changing non-standardized protocol.

(Actually, the protocols between equifax and Experian, are much closer to the same now, trans union is a little more deviant).