Question about FCNB Account

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Kirk, Nov 27, 2000.

1. Kirk

Kirk Guest

I have been rebuilding my credit for a while now using Lexington. Just today I received my latest report from TU and there were 3 disputed items removed. However, to my horror there was a new derogatory listing on there. It is a charge-off from First Consumers National Bank and it shows a balance of $1500 owed on the account. It shows a date opened of 05/01/1994 and a balance of $1500 as of 08/01/2000. I used to have a FCNB account but was sure that I had paid it off when I closed it. I called them and they do show that there was $1500 owed on the account that was never paid. My question is has anyone had success with FCNB getting them to remove listings if you paid off the account. I would like to pay them the $1500 and get it off my report and out of their system so it doesn't show up on my other reports, but I'm not sure of the best way to approach them about this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Question about FCNB Accoun

when is the charge off date?

roni

3. Kirk

Kirk Guest

05/1997

4. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Pay em if you can and ask for a new acct. It worked for me with AMEX
    Green Card.

Good luck - hi Roni - been on vacation :)
    Dogman

5. Kirk

Kirk Guest

Hey Dogman! Nice to see you back on the board. I don't really want a new card from them. I have a Cap1 "Gold" card with a $1000 limit and two Citibank AA cards (Gold & Silver) with $9,000 limits each (Thanks again Roni!!!!). I'd really like to just pay them the $1500 and have them completely remove the listing from my CR's. Think I have any chance of accomplishing that? Thanks again.

6. me2

me2 Guest

sorry, but FCNB is the only derog item on 2 of my reports. Because of thier error (long story, but it was their fault), I had a balance of $150 that was charged off...when I learned of this, I immediately paid it off. I have asked them repeatedly to remove this (it was a small amount from 1996 that was paid), and they won't budge. This single item has prevented me from obtaining credit from banks who pulled reports containing this item (it is being reprted to TU and Experian only, not Equifax).