Question about High Credit Lines

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Calypso, Sep 25, 2003.

1. Calypso

Calypso Well-Known Member

I keep reading about super high credit lines here (30K up) My highest is only 25K and I've had that card forever. I know I have flawless credit. Did you get your high limits initially, automatically, or by requesting?

Which cards were the easiest to increase?

I've always found it easy to get cards increased up to 20K, but after that they always want to run a hard.

Suggestions?

2. jrjr37

jrjr37 Well-Known Member

Is there a reason you need higher credit lines? or are you just trying to see how high you can get?

I know GEORGE has stated his MBNA has a 30K credit line, perhaps he could comment.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I got mine by COMBINING 3 SEPERATE ACCOUNTS INTO ONE (BDT)...(before BDD was invented)

After that they increased it $1,000...then I called to check to "SEE" if the increase was there yet...then the CSR BUMPED it another $500...AND I DIDN'T EVEN ASK!!!

...BUT now 7+ years later..NOTHING!!!

4. Mark LA

Mark LA Well-Known Member

Re: Question about High Credit Line

i've found bank of america to be very generous with cls
    in my experience - you have to call and ask - i think it's every 6 or 9 months - not sure exactly. if you call before the allotted time - they ask if they can pull an inquiry - and sometimes - it's worth it. The last itme i did that i received another 7.5K which brought my personal bofa card to a 31.4K limit - which is the highest personal card i have.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Question about High Credit Line

I was told by the IVORY TOWER...(PFB-ANSWER)...after $15,000...IT GETS HARDER FOR A CLI...and PROBABLY WON'T BE "PRE-APPROVED" TRANSLATION--->"HARD"

6. Rawhide

Rawhide Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Question about High Credit Lines

I just called in on Sunday and got another 7K from BoA. They were very easy to deal with.