question about NO PRESET LIMIT

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ero2, Sep 25, 2003.

1. ero2

ero2 Well-Known Member

I just went to amex's website and typed in 5,000.00 to see if my future spending will be approved because I may be paying my tuition on my amex this semster, and it said this charge will not be approved, because it IS NOT IN MY NORMAL SPENDING PATTERN and to please call some phone number. Does this mean they won't approve me for this amount AT ALL or I will just have to call and tell them first? I don't want a card that will stop me at 5,000 when I have several cards with 10,000CLs. Oh, it might just be because I only normally spend about 800-1000 a month, what do ya think?

2. joey1123

joey1123 Well-Known Member

No it does not necessarly mean you will not allowed to charge that ammount. It merely means you have to call and speak to a rep to advise them of an upcoming charge that is above the norm. I would assume if your payment record with them is fine they will grant that charge to you. Just make sure you have the 5k in the bank to pay the card off when the statement comes. :)~

3. ero2

ero2 Well-Known Member

okay cool, I can hang with that, and YUP I do have that five grand to pay it off, I think? :)

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

"IF" you spend $100-$500 per month $5,000 WILL BE DENIED...

BUT if you usually spend $1,000-$4,000 per month...$5,000 would PROBABLY be authorized...

YOU CAN ALWAYS CALL AND SAY "I AM GOING TO SPEND $X,XXX ON XX/XX/XX AT XXXXXX COLLEGE/BUSINESS/SCHOOL"...or what-ever place

You can always have it BUMPED TO A SUPERVISOR...

THIS IS WHY I LIKE A "STATED" CREDIT LIMIT!!!