Question about Optima Secured.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Kirk, Oct 1, 2000.

1. Kirk

Kirk Guest

I'm sending my application for the Optima Secured tomorrow and just wondering if anyone knows approximately how long it takes to receive the card after sending in for it. TIA.

Kirk

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

RE: Question about Optima Secu

I mailed my check on 7/25. Then I got a Welcome letter from Am/Ex dated 8/10 and in the letter it stated that I should receive my Optima card in 3-4 weeks. I received my card 8/23.

3. jp123

jp123 Guest

Will they approve you if you have a Ch 7 BK from 2 years ago?

4. Jo

Jo Guest

From what I was told, no. :-(

5. C

C Guest

RE: ??? Optima Secured...maybe

I see on the application that it asks for SS# or Tax ID#...could one enter corporate tax ID number or a Business Tax ID#? Since all they ask for is TIN, there would be no fraud if that is all one provided. Also, I notice no where on the app where it even asks for permission to check credit. Does Amex even bother pulling a report? If so with what bureau? Thanks in advance!

6. Kirk

Kirk Guest

Oops.... what about a BK from 8 years ago? Does any BK disqualify you or just ones within a certain timeframe? Thanks for the info. everyone.

Kirk

7. Cadillac408

About them pulling a CR....

I have since gotten copies of my reports and they didn't pull anything off of mine. Well at least off of Experian and Equifax.

My advice is to just fill out the application, send it in, and see what happens. Maybe they won't even care about a CR since they don't even report this card. They already have their money (ie the security deposit) so what would they have to loose?

You would think a secured card would be a SURE FIRE way of obtaining a credit card. They already got their money so if you blow off the account, who cares. Now if they want to keep you on secured status for however long, then that's up to them but I think that if you send a company xxx amount of dollars, they should in return give you a card w/ at least 100% of your deposit as your limit. Why wouldn't they? I'm still trying to figure out why my credit union wouldn't approve me for a $500 secured visa. I was really hoping to get that card due to the LOW 14% interest rate and no annual fee. Guess not! :-(

8. Cadillac408

Yes they did!

I'm sorry.....they pulled a report from Experian on 7/28.